Chapter 16

They pulled up in front of her empty apartment. It felt like such a long time she had stayed their but it wasn't that long ago. When she opened the door she immediately felt the cold, sterile air inside. A chill ran up her spine but apparently the guys felt it too because they both shivered. She walked to the living room and found the knife she tried to stab Jackson with still lying on the couch. Jackson and Randy were already walking around the house preparing to summon him. She stared into space for who knows how long but was brought back to reality by Jackson's voice asking, "Are you okay Jane?" She nodded her head and said she was going to the bathroom. Jackson and Randy still looked concerned but carried on with what they were doing. Her hand brushed the railing of the stairs as she walked up to her room. It was a total mess because of Jackson rummaging through her draws. In her bathroom mirror she didn't see the same person anymore. She didn't see a pretty, confident brunette but a pale, hurt girl who found out her father, whom she loved so much, betrayed her by selling her soul to the devil. She couldn't take looking at herself any longer so she washed her face with cold water. It was calming and soothing against her skin until the water turned a dark shade of red. She jumped backwards watching the thick, red liquid flowing down the drain. She looked up at herself in the mirror. Her face was covered in blood, dripping down onto her clothes. The expression in of her reflection the mirror looked shocked and scared but then its frown turned upside down and it gave Jane a sickening grin. It lifted a finger and motioned her forward. She knew she shouldn't but her feet moved uncontrollably. She leaned her head forward and so did her reflection. They stared at one another for what felt like a long time before the reflection put her arms through the mirror and wrapped it around Jane's neck. It pulled her head through the mirror but Jane held onto the basin with all her might but she could feel her fingers slipping. She was bit preoccupied to notice that though because of her surroundings. All she saw was bright red flames and the hissing of fire. Around her were hideous creatures that bore the same symbol on their chest and instantly she knew where she was. She was staring at the fiery pits of hell.

Her reflection was still trying to pull her through the mirror but it had changed from her reflection to another demon. She screamed and wiggled with all her might, careful not to let go of the basin. Suddenly she felt a pair of strong arms being wrapped around her waist and she was being pulled back out. The demon pulled harder and she felt herself slip further into hell. Then she felt hands wrap around her ankles too and together they pulled her slowly back through the mirror. She had one last glance at the furious demon who pretended to be her reflection before she was pulled completely through the mirror.

The bright light of the bathroom shone in her eyes and it burned. She collapsed onto the floor and covered her face. She didn't want to do it anymore. She gave up. They should have just let her be pulled through the mirror. A soft voice asked her if she was okay but she kept her face covered. Then someone knelt down in front of her and grasped her wrist. Jackson softly said her name and she peeked through her fingers. He was staring at her, his eyes full of determination and anger. Behind him stood a concerned Randy. She shook her head and told them she gave up, that they should just let them take her. "No one is giving up. Are you just going to let them take you? Are you go going to make it that easy?" Jackson asked shaking her slightly. In that moment she knew she couldn't do that. she couldn't just give up. If she was going to go, she was going to go fighting. She pushed herself up and walked towards the bedroom door but she turned around to face the two of them still staring at this sudden burst of energy. "So are we going to do this?" She asked and they followed her out the door.