Free Will

Galatians 5:13 - 
"For you have been called to live in freedom, my brothers and sisters. But don't use your freedom to satisfy your sinful nature. Instead, use your freedom to serve one another in love."

Free will is a tricky topic. It's defined as "freedom of humans to make choices that are not determined by prior causes or by divine intervention" (Merriam Webster Dictionary). 

What exactly is free will? And why does God give us free will?

Well, for starters, I will explain free will. Free will is an association of thinks like freedom of speech and freedom of choice. God designed us so that we can make whatever decisions we want... whether or not they're the right choices to make. Free will (combined with other spiritual topics) is sometimes the cause of a catastrophic death. A few examples are being hit on by a drunk driver or being killed by a terrorist. The actions that both the terrorist and the drunk driver have made are actions of free will. The drunk driver didn't have to get drunk... it was His own choice. The terrorist could have served the Lord instead of killing - it was his decision to displease the Lord. 
I hope that explains it a little bit more.

Free will is a scary thing. 
If I think about the concept of free will for too long, I tend to grow weary and question "what if I'm making all the wrong decisions?". That's both the beauty and the curse of free will. 
However, as Christians we have the ability to seek God and ask Him what His plan is for us. We can ask Him what decisions He wants us to make. 

Secondly, I will explain why God gives us free will.
When God created the earth, he gave all beings the option to make choices of their own. God created Adam and Eve, telling them what not to do (because he cared about their well being and was warning them), but He also gave them the choice to make bad decisions - whether or not they pleased Him. Adam and Eve took advantage of the gift of free will and ignored God. They sinned, therefore causing the rest of the world to die along with the legacy of sinless nature.
God gave us free will because He is not a controlling God. He doesn't make our choices for us.
Of course, if God hadn't given us free will - there wouldn't be murders.... but there also wouldn't be Christians who could tell the treacherous story of how they were saved. 
Sin is connected with free will and if we didn't have sin, we wouldn't need to rely on God. 
God gave us free will as a gift and we need to use it wisely. Seek Him before decision making. 

  1 Corinthians 10:13-
"The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure."

This verse states that although we have temptation, we can overcome it. Because of free will, we face temptation... but here God is saying that no temptation is too difficult to say "no" to. God does not want us to fail, but He wants us to succeed. He has given us the freedom of choice, but He still wants us to follow Him.

John 7:17-
"Anyone who wants to do the will of God will know whether my teaching is from God or is merely my own."

                                                                 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading! Don't forget to vote (: Leave your thoughts and comments below. Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated. 

God bless!

((COMMENT PRAYER REQUESTS IF YOU WOULD LIKE AND FEEL FREE TO MESSAGE ME))