contentment

Being a teenager in today's world is so hard. It's so hard to be content. There's so much I have been chasing after and trying to obtain and trying to be, that I've lost sight of my main purpouse in life. I have placed myself first and God second. I have given into worldly vices and habits and I am here to say, God, I'm sorry! I want to want to change. I want to be grateful with what I have now.
Contentment interlaces with so much and so much in our lives can be affected by discontentment. We're constantly comparing ourselves. That girl is prettier than me. That boy would like me if I looked like her. That person has better style than me. I wish I had more money.  It's all about an attitude of gratefulness. I need to learn to be content with what I have and who I am, now. Because I have so much!!! I could have so little. I could be between war lines, suffering from poverty, my parents could be divorced, I could be in the depths of suicidal thoughts... But I'm not !!! 
I have so much to be grateful for!!
There is breath in my lungs. I have friends who love me. I have an amazing family. I have so many clothes. I love my nieces and nephews. I'm a maid of honor. I love my life overall !!
I need to be more content with my life. I need to be so grateful that I have no fear to speak out about God. I need change !! and I need thankfulness !!

2 Cor. 12:9-10
"And He has said to me, 'My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness' Therefore I am well content with weaknesses, with insults, with distresses, with persecutions, with difficulties, for Christ's sake; for when I am weak, then I am strong."

Romans 8:28
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose."

I have one purpose and one purpose only !! to serve God !! I don't need to worry about anything else !!

Romans 12:2
"Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect."

Job 36:11
"If they obey and serve him, they will spend the rest of their days in prosperity and their years in contentment."