Motivation

Sometimes it's hard to stay on track.
I often get distracted while I'm doing my homework because I see a YouTube video or get as text message (also, I swear I'm ADD). I lose motivation to want to do my homework. I just don't want to and when I try, I can't focus.

Being a Christian is often like this.
We lose passion to keep pursuing God and diving deeper into His word. We lose our optimum and our excitement for the things of the Lord. It's hard to stay close to Him, it's hard to keep constantly pursuing him. But it's so necessary.
Every day is a new day to try again, to learn something new, to grow stronger in the Body of Christ.

So how do we stay motivated?
Well, first of all, we do devotions every day. We remind ourselves to pray everyday, whether that be praying in solitude or praying while doing chores. We have to let our devotions effect our lives, not just be an obligation. We have to let God in our life and let Him tell us what choices to abandon that are hindering us from Him.

Here are some verses on staying motivated:

Philippians 1:6-
"And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue his work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns."

2nd Timothy 1:7-
"For the Spirit God gave us does not make us timid, but gives us power, love and self-discipline."

Matthew 6:34-
"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

1 Corinthians 15:58-
"Therefore, my dear brothers and sisters, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain."

Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."

Matthew 19:26-
"Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible."

Proverbs 10:4-
"Lazy hands make for poverty, but diligent hands bring wealth."

Galatians 6:9-
"Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up."

God will reward you if you continue to stay diligent! Don't grow weary!