Friendships

I'm having a hard time with my friendships lately.
I feel kind of secondary. As if I'm second choice, or 22nd choice to all my friends.... even people I call my best friends. It's a very lonely feeling.

If you had asked me if I was overwhelmed with love by my friends, last year.... I would have said yes. Because last school year was the first time in my entire life that I made new friends who were genuine and real... who truly cared about me. But this year is different. A lot of my friends were seniors last year and have since graduated - moving forward in life. The ones who weren't seniors last year, I'm slowly losing too. I feel a drifting in a lot of my friendships which is.... scary. It's really unsettling to think that the people who invested into me so much last year haven't taken the time to ask me how I am. 
I don't want this to be a pity party. That's not what I'm trying to get across - I'm simply trying to say that it hasn't always been like this. Just recently did my friendships really start to change.

It just kind of sucks to feel like the odd one out, 
the second choice. 

I know it's not true. I still have great friends. But a lot of my friends are changing so fast before my eyes that I can hardly keep up. 
I am growing weary of fighting this battle.

I know that God has everything under control. There is always a lesson is everything He does. It's just difficult to trust Him. 

And that's what we have to do - trust Him. 
He's literally the only one that can pull everything back together for me. 
It feels lonely right now, but I'm not alone. 

Here are some verses on friendship and trusting God:

Psalm 34:17-20
"The righteous cry, and the LORD hears and delivers them out of all their troubles. The LORD is near to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. Many are the afflictions of the righteous,but the LORD delivers him out of them all. He keeps all his bones, not one of them is broken. Evil shall slay the wicked, and those who hate the righteous will be condemned. The LORD redeems the soul of His servants, and none of those who take refuge in Him will be condemned.

Proverbs 18:24 - 

"One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."

2nd Corinthians 12:9 - 
"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."

Philippians 4:1 - 
"And this same God who takes care of me will supply all your needs from his glorious riches, which have been given to us in Christ Jesus."

Philippians 3:13-14
"Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus." (I think this is one of my new favorite verses)!

Comment prayer requests below!!