10. But when you are next to me (MATURE)

"...I know I should leave, but when you are next to me, half asleep
your skin on my skin, can't help the way I feel, ooh
but you cannot know, there's no place I'd rather be, honestly..."

BUT WHEN YOU ARE NEXT TO ME (MATURE)
Poorly written smut, you're welcome.

I walk inside some rich kid's house, that with its loud blasting music can be heard on the other side of the city, already seeing dozen of drunk people literally having sex with each other everywhere - on the floor, couches or against the wall, they don't care they're in public. I scrunch up my nose when the smell of alcohol mixed with sweat and, probably, weed fills my nostrils, making me wonder how I've found myself here in the first place.

Being honest the only reason why I'm willing to endure all of this torture is that certain brunette who is waving at me cutely. I can't help a small smile when I spot a familiar silhouette, not wasting my time as I'm quickly next to the person of my interest.

"Hi." I breathe.

"Hi, Niall," Bethany greets me, offering me a grin. "I almost started to think you weren't going to show up," she whispers and I peck her cheek, causing a crimson blush to flicker on her face.

"Of course I couldn't miss on a party like this," I say even tough the scenery isn't the one I enjoy much.

"I know you couldn't." She giggles. "Fancy a drink?" she asks, and I nod in response, so Bethany stands up, leading the way to the kitchen.

"What would you like?" she questions, showing me all of the bottles filled with different liquors.

"Just beer is fine," I reply, picking beer only because I don't want to get wasted today.

"Here you are." She hands me a bottle, and I'm quick to put it to my lips, taking a sip. Oh, how I love the taste of beer.

For a moment, that actually lasts the time of drinking three beers that somehow lead to a few vodka shots (which might not be the best combination). Obviously all my plans on not getting wasted can go to hell. We barely talk, just standing next to each other, looking absentmindedly at the tide of people having the times of their lives as they drink and dance their worries away.

"Um, Niall?" Bethany asks hesitantly. "Can we dance?"

"Sure." I know I'm a bit tipsy by now, and the alcohol that's inside my veins is enough to push me into doing irrational things, but I still agree on going to that dance floor. I don't have much of a choice anyway, when Bethany is beside me; I just can't resist her dark eyes, her little pink lips, that wavy brunette hair, her curved but slim figure... she's just beautiful, and that beauty drives me crazy.

We both are shy at the beginning, not really sure what to do with our hands, but as the time passes by and we grow more confident around one another, somehow, I find myself grinding on her.

I don't know how long we're dancing together or how many songs are played in that time, but that doesn't matter when I'm with Bethany. That's until there are someone's arms pulling me tightly to their body in a firm grip, kissing and sucking down my neck.

I try to turn around, and after a few moments of fighting with the mysterious person that refuses to let me go, I'm finally met face to face with...

"Harry?" I ask a bit surprised to see the captain of a football team that I attend here.

"Hi, Niall." He smiles at me, his hot breath smelling like alcohol hits my face, and just now I realize how close our lips are.