24. Keep the wheels rolling

"...when this wonderful world gets heavy
and I need to find my escape
I just keep the wheels rolling, radio scrolling
'til my sins wash away..."

KEEP THE WHEELS ROLLING

Harry isn't gay. He isn't, is he? He just likes Niall a little more than he should and that's fine. And Niall, he likes Harry back, doesn't he? So it's all good, it's all that matters, right? Besides what's wrong with being gay? Harry doesn't get it, if you really love someone, it shouldn't matter whether it's a girl or a boy. And if everyone was of the same mind, it would be beautiful, perfect, but the thing is, the reality is far from perfect.

"I didn't raise him to be like that!" his father is heard from the downstairs. And Harry shuts his eyes because he doesn't want to be here, he doesn't want to hear any more, he wishes to disappear. "My son is a fucking faggot!"

It goes on and on and on from there.

And then a bag is in Harry's hand as he quickly packs it, trying to fit as many clothes as possible and taking all of his savings that he's stored away in an old Rolling Stones album. It's about 400 dollars which is not much, considering what he's preparing for but he doesn't care, he's really past the point of caring now for he's had enough.

He opens the window and drops the bag to the ground then carefully stepping on the railing himself and carefully walking to the place where the house connects with a small storage room at the side, jumping on its rooftop and then finally stepping onto the ground. He's had to escape the house before, so it wasn't anything difficult for him.

A minute later and he's on his way to Niall's house, honking twice when he arrives to let his friend know it's him.

"Harry?" Niall asks surprised, getting into the car.

"Let's run away," Harry says. "They found out about us, let's run away," he tells him and he knows that Niall'll agree, that soon the both of them will leave everything they've ever known behind in order to find happiness and acceptance in places many can only dream of visiting. And even though they have no money, they'll be alright, cause they're Niall and Harry and they can always make it work no matter what.

MY CHURCH - MAREN MORRIS

A short one I just wrote idk.

Jade