36. It's just a shot away, it's just a kiss away

A request for @OlineTrash , hope you enjoy, love!

Niall sighs, as a bell announces a break. Most of his classmates excitedly rush out of the classroom, spilling into the hallways accompanied by loud chatter. Fear lies heavily in the pit of his stomach, fear that takes the shape of a human being - Harry.

    They used to be friends. Back in kindergarten, they'd play together, making up dreams of the future that would include the both of them forever unseparated, tied by that strong bond of childhood affection. However, Harry moved to another part of town, and they'd lost sight of one another. Only now, they're together again but changed.

    Niall's turned to study as his remedy. His parents always tell him that his future lays in his hands and that he must work hard for it. Good grades translate into a good job. Albeit Harry doesn't seem to share that opinion, or he's simply ignorant in his juvenile bravery. Maybe the future isn't on his mind while he pulls numerous all-nighters partying, doing drugs and intoxicating himself with alcohol. He's fallen into bad company. They've deluded Harry, stolen him from Niall. Without them in the way, they'd still be together. Maybe the love would be mutual then. Maybe, oh maybe. How many of those irresistible thoughts flutter around Niall's mind? They excitedly make themselves at home in the boy's mind while Maths becomes too difficult and unbearable. They carry a flicker of hope. And that's the last thing Niall resorts to, otherwise, he probably wouldn't be able to take it.

    "There you are," Harry approaches Niall with a devilish smile playing at the corner of his lips. "Have you got what I asked for?"

    Panic dawns on Niall. How could he forget! Of all things, why this? And why today?

    "Harry," he whispers, his eyes shyly avoiding those hateful green irises that are glossed over with hatred. "I-I forgot," he stutters.

    "Fucking hell," Harry exclaims, punching Niall. "I'll fucking murder you, don't lie to me, I know you have the money!"

    Harry roughly leads Niall to the restrooms. Once the door slams shut behind them, he throws the boy at the wall.

    "Open your backpack," orders Harry.

    Niall hesitates, his perception still distorted from the violent push he's received.

    "Hurry up!" Harry shoves him, taking the backpack and scattering its contents on the floor. Niall hardly protests as his textbooks and notebooks fall to the ground, he's taught himself to receive those beatings with patience and indifference as though he was a mere observer.

    "Where do you have the money?" Harry asks, grabbing Niall by the collar of his shirt and pressing him to the wall.

    "I told you I forgot," as soon as Niall speaks those words, a cold hand makes contact with his cheek, making his head twist to the side from the force.

    "You worthless piece of shit!" Harry spits, delivering another smack to Niall's body. "How could you forget, it was important to me!"

    Niall doesn't bother to point out that the break's ended. It'll be of no use, he can't beg Harry for mercy, he has to patiently wait for that nightmare to end.

    After a few more hits to the body, Harry lets Niall slide down to the floor. The boy is breathing heavily, trying to recover from those painful blows. Meanwhile, Harry checks the contents of Niall's backpack again. He's opening a pocket where Niall keeps his wallet and Niall's heart sinks. His card is there.

    Harry grins in satisfaction, taking out the card and throwing Niall's wallet to the side. "Now Niall, this will be much easier for both of us if you tell me the PIN right away."