Chap 3

Thump thump

Thump thump

Thump thump

Thump thump

Tango and Wildfire's hoofbeats sound in unison, the two horses side by side, so close, they touch-almost. A fraction of an inch separates the galloping horses from colliding. I spread my arms out, close my eyes, and breathe in deeply. Im am standing on Tango and Wildfire's backs- one foot on each horse- Crystal behind me, her stormy gray eyes filled with joy. In unison, I take my foot off Tango and Crystal takes her foot off Wildfire, leaving us stand on only our horse's backs. The two horses separate, and Tango turns around, galloping to us from the opposite side of the ring. As we pass each other, We stretch our hands out and high 5 each other, and as soon as Tango passes Wildfire, we bend down and sit back down on our horses. The Thump thump of hoofbeats becomes less rhythmic as Wildfire and Tango slow to a trot and meet in the middle. On command, they rear, hold it for several seconds, and drop back down.

I lean down and pat Wildfire's dark neck. "Good ride, Flame. You and Tango did great. " I walk over to the gate and dismount, Grabbing Wildfire's bright orange halter and sky blue lead rope, slipping the halter on her and clipping on the lead.

To my right, Crystal does the same. " so, you aren't afraid of STANDING on two galloping horses at the same time, but you are terrified of barrel racing in front of random people?" I ask. Crystal staying silent for a minute "Its.. I-" I cut her off. "Crystal, I was Joking. I really want you to come, but you can come to watch me instead of compete, if you want." Crystal smiles and hugs me. " I'm going to that competition. With you, em."

I smile and hug her agian. "Really? Are you sure? Thank you so much!!!"

"C-c-can't... Breathe.." She gasps, and I let her go. "Better hurry and start packing before I change my Mind, Emily." She puts on a stern face. "C'mon. Let's just go put the horses up, it'll be dark soon."