Chap 5

We made it to our hotel okay, and set off early in the morning. Dark clouds blanketed the sky, and few birds sang in the treetops. I had a strange feeling that something bad was going to happen, but I shook it off as I stared out the window and on the highway. We passed by a deer carcass being torn apart and eaten by turkey vultures.we also passed by some sheep, Cows, and Horses. The horses weren't nearly as beautiful as Wildfire and Tango, however, they were nice looking. The road wasn't too busy, so I hoped that we would make it to the competition quickly.

"Rock, paper, scissors, shoot!" Crystal and I were playing rock paper scissors shoot, trying to pass the time. Crystal's mom is taking a nap, and my mom's eyes are trained on the road, spo we had nothing better to do.

After a long while of playing rock paper scissors, , Crystal and I finally settle on Staring out the window.

I'm not exactly sure what happened next. One second, I'm crocheting a scarf for my grandma's birthday. The next, I see a Dump truck speeding towards us, and everything goes black, and all I feel is pain.

Outside, brakes screech too a stop, but it isn't enough to stop impact. Both vehicles collide and searing pain claw up my spine and split into a thousand fractions in my head, legs, and arms. Hoofs pound against metal and distressed whinnies turn into fearful cries. Somebody screams,and I faintly hear a large car door close, footsteps, and a man calling 9-1-1.

"911 what is your emergency?"

"Help! I'm on highway 70 and there's been a wreck! There appear tp be four passengers-two of them are children-Hurry! Fast! Please!"

I don't hear anything from the phone after that.

Sounds begin to fade, and I barely hear sirens, growing louder by the second, screeching tires, and the truck door opening. I hear the sound of shifting metal, and a groan from My mom. People shout and the Horses neigh and whinny agian, kicking at the sides of the trailer. I vagely notice People in whiote carrying Crystal and my mpom away, and finally break me out of the truck, before everything- all sounds, smells, and pain fade away.

BEEP

BEEP

BEEP

BERP

BEEP

A/N: Hey guys!!! Sorry for such a short chapter!! The next one will be a lot longer!!!!