Chapter two

Reader

The moment we arrive at HQ, I was being pulled off my horse by Naoko who looks pissed off. I slumped my shoulders and try to look remorseful but I don't seem to pull it off.

"I can't believe you just got up and disobeyed orders!" He shouts angrily at me and I flinched away from him but he grips my arm tightly, "You could have died on your first scout expedition and what would you have to show for it? Yes, you're talented but don't let it go to your head (Y/N)!" Naoko hisses at me as Levi comes up next to him. I was far more concerned about Naoko than about Captain Levi, so I proceed to ignore him as I explained the situation.

"There were three titans and by the time the others had got there, it would have been too late. If I had waited we'd all be dead. So relax and let go of my arm!" I yank my arm back and I can see Naoko is about to make an advance but with Levi there he thinks better of it.

"Well, I certainly hope Levi punishes you harshly because you're officially stuck with him." Naoko folds his eyes and my eyes go wide with shock. "Commander Erwin just assigned the newbies to different parts of the scouts. Eriko is with Hanger while Hiro is with me."

"But I was meant to be with you!" I speak through gritted teeth and Naoko shrugs, "What the hell!"

"I don't want someone who can't follow orders." He looks at me and I knew he was not talking about Commander Erwin's orders. I bite my tongue, my fists clenched at my sides as Naoko walks off towards Hiro who doesn't meet my eyes. I clenched my jaw so hard that I can feel my jaw beginning to lock into place.

"As impressive as you might be on paper (L/N), if you ever disobey me again I'll have you reined into the commander. Do you understand?" Levi folds his arms across his chest and I give him a sharp nod. "Because this place is a mess, we'll be cleaning it from top to bottom. Get started. Oh, and as your punishment, you'll be doing not only your own work but you'll be cleaning my room as well. Get your gear off and get to work." Levi walks away before I could say anything.

In the training corp, I was made to run till I couldn't anymore and then some. Myself and my fellow classmates were put through some of the most vigorous training you can possibly imagine. There were some days that I thought to myself 'why am I doing this to myself?' as we trekked through mud, hail, and rain. I thought I would be ready for anything.

Clearly, I had never met Captain Levi and his OCD cleaning methods.

I started with his room first, wanting to get it over and done with but every time I would call for an inspection, he would constantly find something wrong with it. He was a huge clean freak and almost seemed to take some sort of pleasure from cleaning and making things spotless. After the fourth inspection, I threw the broom at him and took off my mask.

"If you want your room clean, then you do it. I have other places I am meant to be cleaning but because you have OCD, I can't do it!" I raise my voice at him and he raises a thin eyebrow, his expression bored with my antics. I wanted to so badly to wipe that look off his face but when I took a deep breath, I took back the broom and continued cleaning. I had to keep in mind that he was now my superior and unlike the training corp, I couldn't get away with yelling back at my superiors because I was the best. There were other people here that were a thousand times more skilled than I was, so I needed to learn how to be like Naoko and play nicely with others.

Three more inspections and I was officially cleared to go clean the other parts of HQ but by the time I got there, it was already done. Eren was walking out of my quarters smiling at me as I looked away embarrassed.

"Don't worry, I was new once and I remember having to clean to Captain Levi's standards. It was both exhausting and painful so I thought I'd give you a hand." Eren explained and I smiled at him, actually thankful for the gesture.