Chapter sixteen

Sexual content and spoilers from season 2. I've put astrix so you can skip the spoilers.

Reader

I wake up with a jolt and I quickly groan loudly, my neck smarting in pain as I cover my eyes with my arm. I looked around and saw that I was lying on the couch, where I had fallen asleep the night before. Michido was sitting at the kitchen table, doodling on a piece of paper with a plate of half-eaten bread next to him.

"You were talking in your sleep again," Michido spoke offhandedly and I sat up slowly, rubbing the back of my neck as I rolled my neck, letting it pop and crack. I knew exactly what I would have been saying though I had no intentions of talking about it with my little brother. He seemed to realise this because he didn't bother to pursue the conversation.

After I had passed out, I had been taken to a hospital while Hiro had been taken to a jail cell for interrogation and briefing. In the end, he stayed there for three days before being released into the custody of the Scouts. He got the same deal as I did and although I was happy to hear this, I was angry as well because, in that moment, I still hadn't forgiven him for what he had done. He had kept his distance but he would pop in every now and again to see Michido who had forgiven him way too easily.

As expected, Hiro and I were now expected to train Eren to control his titan ability. I didn't exactly know what this would entail but I knew that I wasn't going to enjoy it. I'd been given a week to rest up before I was expected back and I was taking full advantage of it.

"You just going to lie there all day or get up?" My eyes bulge as I whip my head around and to my immense horror, there was Levi sitting in an armchair, with his legs crossed over each other as well as his arms crossed over his chest with a bored expression on his face. His hair was flopped over his forehead like normal and his blue eyes gazed down at me with a steely gaze that I couldn't interrupt.

"What..." I breathed, closing my eyes as I swiveled around so that I was facing Levi. I was suddenly very aware of the fact that I had not only just woken up but that I was wearing a long t-shirt and small booty shorts. I had been naked in front of this man for god sakes, but after the rejection, I felt too exposed. "What are you doing here?"

"He wanted to check up on us." Michido finished scribbling something before picking up a bag at his feet and shoving the piece of paper into his bag. "I'm going to meet up with Mia before school. See you!" Michido rushed over and kissed my cheek before waving at Levi and sprinting out of the door slamming it shut.

"He actually asked me to come over to make sure you were okay while he was at school." Levi sighed before leaning back into the chair. I felt an awkwardness settle over the two of us as I looked everywhere but at him. I didn't know how to deal with this situation. I can feel Levi's eyes on me, boring into my face and I refused to meet his eyes. The last conversation we had in this apartment rings in my ears and I feel my stomach turning uncomfortably.

"So you talk in your sleep," Levi stated and I cleared my throat as I bring my leg in front of me, bringing it close to my chest. "You often speak in your sleep?"

"Apparently. Michido has been teasing me about it lately." I respond, not able to ignore the question. Levi raises an eyebrow at me as a teasing expression filtered onto his face.

"So I should take it as a coincident that you happen to say my name just today or is this an everyday occurrence?" My eyes widen and I feel my cheeks flame up and I stood up in a panic. Levi seemed more amused by my reaction and this just made my cheeks flush more, "I see. So an everyday occurrence. I'm flattered."

"Get out." I spit and Levi seems surprised now by my reaction as I cross my arms over my chest. "Levi, go!"

"Why?"