Chapter six

SEXUAL CONTENT

Reader

I growl in frustration, my head pounding hard as I try to remember where I had seen that key before. Had I seen it in Levi's room? Or seen it by one of the captains?

No, if one of the captains had it Naoko would have said something or better yet he would have taken it I thought to myself in annoyance as I entered the hall. The moment I stepped over the threshold, the entire hall went quiet, the silence deafening. My eyes roamed around the room daring anyone to say something but every pair of eyes I met turned away quickly. Hiro nodded in my direction from Levi's table at the back. As I made my way over to the table, I felt a hand hold my shoulder. Turning quickly, I shrugged it off my eyes going wide causing my leg shoulder to throb painfully. I winced, grabbing my bad shoulder as if that would get rid of the pain. Captain Eito stood in front of me with his bright red hair and blue eyes that looked at me with such misery that I bit my lip from saying anything. I didn't want anyone's pity.

"I'm sorry, I was trying to get your attention but-"

"No, I was... distracted." I muttered and I cleared my throat as I glanced around, people looking at us slyly. "Something I can do for you captain?"

"I just wanted to say that I'm so sorry for your loss. And if there is anything you need-" I cut him off shaking my head as I tried to step around him.

"Seriously, I'm fine. Thank you-"

"If you need anything," he stressed again and I looked at him to see he held his hand out and in the palm of his hand was a piece of paper. I looked at him with wide eyes as my breathing got heavy. He stepped forward and brought my hand towards him as he shook it once before bowing his head and walking away from me, not looking back.

As I sat down next to Hiro, I put the piece of paper between my fingers and dabbed my eye with it. Hiro's eyes latched onto the paper and nodded once as the food was slid in front of me. I looked up to see Levi sitting down, his arms crossed and his eyes closed. Sighing, I picked up my piece of bread and nibbled on it, my heart wondering what the hell was on the note.

People don't just pass notes and before today I'd never received a note before in my life. It couldn't have been just a coincidence. Eito was the one who had brought Naoko back ensuring that I got the picture of the key... He has to be in on the plan!

"Eat!" Hiro insisted and I swallowed, my throat dry as I tried to take a bite of the bread but it wouldn't go down. "C'mon, you gotta eat something."

"I can't, my stomach is literally in knots." I murmured to Hiro as I stood up, "I'll see you tomorrow. My head is killing me and I'm in no mood for company." I keep my eyes down as I slip past Hiro and head straight for the doors, not looking at anyone. As I head to my room, I pull out the note in a dark corridor as stand underneath a light.

Meet me in the west corridor just after midnight.

Would I be meeting Eito? I'd never been personally involved with our mission but with Naoko gone... I closed my eyes and leaned back against the wall as I slide to the floor. The weight of what was about to come was suddenly dawning on me. Naoko kept me out of the limelight, constantly taking charge of our secret mission but with him gone I would need to step up. Take the necessary risks to ensure our victory against them.

"You alright?" Eren asked and I banged my head against the wall to see him standing over me. I raised an eyebrow at him in curiosity as the understanding of his question made sense. "Yeah, stupid question huh?" He raised his hand to the back of his neck, rubbing it awkwardly.