Chapter fifteen

Levi

No! No, no, no, no, no! My mind went blank and I felt my knees go weak as I watched the titan sink his teeth into (Y/N). He shoved her entire body into his mouth, biting at her knees, sending them flying from his mouth for the smaller titans to fight over. I felt as if everything I had ever known means nothing and the only thing that survived was raged.

Turning to Hiro, who was on his knees staring below in shock I pulled my fist back and punched him hard in the jaw. There was a loud crack and I wasn't sure if it was his jaw or my fist. I didn't care though.

"You killed her!" I screamed at him as he collapsed to the ground and I began to shove my foot into his stomach hard, "You killed (Y/N)! I'm going to fucking murder you!"

"Levi stop!" Erwin commanded but I didn't listen. Not now, not when I needed to avenge her. "That's an order."

"Fuck your order!" I swung my leg and collided heavily with Hiro's face. Bending over, I directed Hiro's face to Michido, who was fighting hard to go to her sister over the wall, only being held back by Christa who was holding him tight. "You made her brother watch her die and for what? Because you thought she came back for me? You're a fucking moron!" I hissed and Hiro's green eyes went wide as he saw Michido. "Yeah, she was telling the truth. She didn't come back for me, she came to finish what she started, what you both started and you killed her for it."

"No, no... I... She was lying." Hiro begged, his eyes going wide as it dawned on him that he had made a mistake. "NO! She's a shifter, she was meant to change! Why didn't she!"

"Because she never wanted to be a shifter!" Michido screamed at Hiro now, turning his attention to Hiro. "You knew that and you still- You still-" Tears were racing down his face and Hiro went limp in my arms as he began to cry. "No! You don't get to cry. I'm going to kick your ass!" Michido swore but Christa wouldn't let him go, using her body weight to hold him in place. Beside me, Eren gasped loudly and I turned to follow his eyesight. My jaw dropped, trying to process the scene in front of me. The titan who had eaten (Y/N) now had an arm sticking out of its mouth.

Reader

It was too hot.

That was the first thing I thought as I open my eyes. Darkness surrounded me and the smell of blood overpowered my senses. Chunks of something were bobbing up and down in the blood. I tried to figure it out but my mind wouldn't work, it wouldn't let me think. I was floating... In blood?

The titan. Hiro throwing me off the wall. Michido... Levi... My eyes closed involuntary as hot tears streamed down my mouth. I felt sick, my skin crawling and my mind wouldn't stop. Chunks of body continued to bob up and down and I looked up through the hole I must have slid through.

That was my escape, that was my way out. I just force myself up-

My arm was shattered. My legs was immobile and I couldn't move even if I wanted to. I continued to float through the blood, tears streaming down the side of my face. This was it, I was going to die in the pit of this titan's stomach or be vomited up, suffocating me in the process. I'd be a ball of spit and then they would find me.

How pathetic.

No, I want to live. I just got them back, I just got everyone back. I don't want to die. I won't die.

I felt hot rage course through me and I closed my eyes, gritting my teeth as I felt my body shake. It felt as though I was on fire like someone had lit a match underneath me. No, like someone had thrown a match on me.

And in that moment, I exploded.

Levi

I watched in shock as another arm exploded from the mouth and in a sweep, the arms spread out wide causing the titan to split into. And from the body of the titan stepped out a fifteen feet titan with long hair that covered the titan's face. The grief that had just crashed through me stopped so suddenly, it made my head spin.