Chapter One

I laid on my bed with my eyes closed counting down the minutes until my alarm went off in my head. I was incredibly tired as I couldn't sleep all night, I was too excited wishing the night could hurry up, too nervous wondering what the weekend had instore for me and overall just too many mixed feelings to deal with. But now with my alarm ringing in my ear I found myself begging God for just another 10 minutes in bed. After a whole minute of my alarm going off I came to terms with it and dragged myself out of bed. A shower was all I needed to wake myself up and restore my energy.

A couple hours went by and I was finally packed up and ready to leave. It may be just one weekend, but I now had a packed full suitcase, you'd be amazed with how much I actually managed to fit in there, including a camera and tripod which was top priority. This was going to be one of the most amazing, eventful weekends of my life; I would be insane not to film as much of this as I possibly could. I wanted to capture these moments forever.

Time ticked, grass grew and eventually George finally pulled up outside my house. Better late than never like they say, and George was approximately 18 minutes late. I wouldn't normally be one to hold that against another, but that's 18 minutes I have to sacrifice from the best weekend of my life.

"18 minutes late and you show up smiling..." I stated as I walked up to the boot of his car, chucked my suitcase in and made my way to the passenger seat.

"Are you serious?" He questioned with a stern look on his face.

I giggled and lightly punched his arm "I'm kidding." I said, but he just raised his eyebrow in response. You'd be shocked how well this guy knew me, you'd think we had been close friends for years and we've actually only been speaking for the last 2 months. "Okay... maybe not completely." I admitted "But let's not waste any more time and drive."

"You could have driven yourself you know. You should think yourself lucky that I picked you up along the way."

"Let's not forget you offered to pick me up because I'm on the way." I reminded him "But let us not get hung up over a minor joke and talk about something more positive."

"Well." George began as he started up the car and got back onto the road. "Guess what happened last night."

"What?"

"Guess."

"I don't know... Erm, you finally got a call from Saffron Baker and she asked you to go out on a date after the event." I guessed and laughed. George has been known for having a little crush on Saffron Barker, nothing too serious, at least I don't think so, but he admitted in a Q&A once that she was just his type and that he would definitely date her if he had the chance which has now led his fans to desperately trying to get her to notice him on twitter.

George laughed and shook his head "No. But you never know what can happen after this weekend." He winked "Well I woke up this morning, checked my YouTube and I've finally hit 250,000 subscribers!"

I could feel just how excited he was as I felt the car speed up and gently swerve side to side as if his car was jumping up and down with joy for him. George, like myself, was a YouTuber. He had a slightly bigger following than I, however he has been in the business longer than I have and has put so much work and effort to get where he is. Not that I haven't as well, but I feel like I've had more luck in gaining an overnight kind of success. I only started posting videos about 5 months ago and I'm already at 200,000 subscribers and my first video blew up instantly, whereas George has been doing it for almost 2 years, quit his job and relies purely on YouTube to get him by, which isn't bad as he earns more from YouTube than I do from my actual job alone, but until I'm as popular as Zoella I don't feel safe without a barrier to fall back on.

"Omg, that's amazing" I replied and held my hand out for him to high five and he took his hand off the wheel and high fived me. "But now focus back on the road before we end up causing an accident." I then told him and we laughed.