Chapter Nineteen

I woke up the next morning with my face still buried in Jack's pillow with the lingering smile of his scent. Honestly, I want to get used to this. I decided to get up and get ready for the day ahead I got in the shower and changed back into last nights clothes as they were all I had, however thankfully I always brought a make up bag along with me so I applied a fresh coat of mascara and a layer of foundation before walking out into the living room. When I noticed Jack was still asleep on the sofa I panicked and began to walk back out until I heard my name.

"Demi?"

I stopped in my tracks and turned back around you see Jack opening his eyes. "Yeah?"

"Where are you going?"

"You were sleeping so I was just going to go back into the bedroom until you woke up."

"I'm awake now." He said sitting and patting the side next to him.

I sat down besides him and he grabbed the remote turning the TV on and then handed it to me. 

"You can pick something." He told me.

I flicked through the channels unsatisfied with the options so far, there wasn't really anything good on at this time of the morning. I eventually settled with Bambi which happened to be on TV and I heard Jack snicker besides me.

"What?" I asked.

"I shouldn't have let you choose something to watch. Now I have talking animals running across screen" He laughed.

"Oh, don't pretend you don't love Bambi."

"I've never watched it actually."

"Well if you want to be friends with me you might want to get used to the talking animals."

"I don't mind, as long as I'm watching them with you." He turned and gave me a sincere smile that I couldn't resist causing me to blush slightly having to turn my head to hide it. I had the feeling of a hundred butterflies breaking through my stomach.

After spending a few minutes in silence after that Jack announced that he was going to get ready and I watched as he stood up letting the blanket fall off him to reveal his shirtless body. "Oh my." I thought to myself. I felt like I was staring but I couldn't look away, I didn't want to look away. Although if Jack had noticed he definitely didn't seem to mind as he walked off giving me a show and turned back to me with a slight smirk on his face before leaving the room.

Whilst Jack got ready I carried on watching Bambi, I got so into the film I didn't even realise that someone else had entered the room, but when I heard the sound of cluttering behind me I turned around and was surprised to see it was Sophia behind me filling up a glass of water. When She noticed me watching her she rolled her eyes and began to walk over.

"Where's Jack?" She asked.

"Getting ready." I replied and turned back to the TV. I did not want to speak to her and I didn't want to see her here. What was she even doing here?

"Right, you aren't much help."

"Why does it matter where he is?" I shot back to her.

"Just wanted to say bye."

"Bye? Does he even know you're here?"

"What a silly question." She chuckled "Why don't you pass him on a message for me - tell him thanks for last night."

"Excuse me?" I asked, but she had already walked away and had no interest to clear up it up for me. 

Last night, what happened last night? Why is Sophia even here and what could Jack have possibly done for her to thank him. I started worrying that Jack may have gotten with Sophia after convincing me to come back to his and leaving me in the bedroom next door. Maybe he hoped to get more from me and when I left him unsatisfied invited her around... But he wouldn't have would he? I mean not if I'm here anyway, I trusted that Jack would be more sensitive than that, besides Sophia must've came back with Josh or Conor, right? Surely I'm just over thinking her words and that's exactly what she wants me to do... I hoped I was right.