Chapter 11

"Clyde stop whining about your feet and help me find the colors shop!" Clyde again whined as he dramatically fell to the floor. I sighed "I'm not carrying your ass." I said about to turn when Clyde grabbed my pant leg.

"Clyde god d-"

"Is that it?" He said pointing to a shop across from us. I looked at the shop he was pointing at. "W and B's Clothes" the big purple and red sign said. I helped Clyde up and crossed the street.

We walked inside the bell above the door rang as we were blasted with colors galore. People stood amazed at all the diffrent colors there were. Clyde once again walked off to a few sweaters.

I sighed and walked to the counter ringing the bell. "Hold on!" A voice from the back of the store yelled out. I waited and waited about to ring the bell when the voice yelled again "sorry! Just another moment!" I sighed I was an impatient person that was sure as hell.

Again I stood waiting leaning on the counter tapping my finger against it. I rang the bell again I heard a yell and two voices converse before a new voice was heard. "Coming!" A girl with pinned up hair came out from the back.

"Sorry sir, my coworker was trying to handle one too many things." I waved it off "It's fine, I was looking for a place to find my color?" The girl clapped delighted. "Please follow me!" She came out from behind the counter and took me to a display of cloaks.

"We're the only shop in town specialized in making cloaks, since we were here first. Anyway! Here we have all our designs. We have the basic hang off cloak, hooded cloak, all down cloak, etc!" I looked at the cloaks trying to figure out what would look best on me.

"I think I like the hooded cloak." I said pointing at the enclosed cloak. "My no one ever chooses that one, only one who did was boss Tweek." I looked at the cloak closer. I noticed how there were cuts, sewed up spots, and patches. It was used. "Was this Tweeks old one?" The girl nodded.

"Aye, he just about had it for five years before asking us to make him a new one, this time with colors." I stared at her before turning back to the cloak. "You guys kept it?" Wendy clasped her hands. "Why of course! It was our founders first cloak! The one we first made him when we were only around ten years old!" She said her eyes softening.

"That place took all the youth outta us, imperfect, lesbians, ugly. Aye exactly those words. They never leave your head. Bebe and I know, we never have forgotten. Tweek and our fellow friends down here haven't forgotten. We never will." A tear fell down her cheek, but a smile clear on her face.

"We knew what was at risk, but we escaped. We left with the help of one adult." I watched as she placed her hand on the cloak that was the longest. "Best dad you ever could've asked for." She said more tears running down her face. "He's still here isn't he?" She looked at the floor.

"I'm sorry." I responded looking at the cloak.

She turned to me "It's unbelievable how you've grown Craig." She said tears still flowing smile still bright. I felt bad not being able to remember her name. "Wish you could've come with us when it happened." She said wiping the tears off her face. "But here you are now. And I know you'll protect Tweek, and everyone here." She said her eyes flashing.

"Right then! Let's go find your color!" She turned and headed to another part of the store adorned with diffrent color clothes and accessories. "Look at all the colors, all right, now which shade catches your eyes the most?" I looked at the shades. My eyes repeatedly landing on the darker shades.

"Dark" I said confident in my decision. "Righty-o!" She took all the lighter shades off. Dark shades were all that remained. "Now last step what color catches your eye." My eyes went row by row finally landing on a color named night sky blue.

I pointed at the color "Night Sky Blue? Alrighty!" She took the color out of the slot and placed the other shades back in. She walked back to the counter humming. "Pink slip?" I slipped it out of my pocket and handed it to her.

"Okay, one night sky blue hooded cloak for Craig Tucker. Should be ready by Thursday night." She handed my slip back. "You bring that wih you when you come pick it up alright?" I nodded finally remembering her name. "Thank you Wendy" I smiled and waved goodbye.