Chapter 12

Clyde and I talked and talked all the way to the residence areas. We walked inside people sat on the couches in the lobby. The boy at the front desk did nothing but watch the TV next to him occasionally helping those who needed it. Clyde and I shrugged walking up to him.

"Hello! Welcome to Midnight Flower Hotel! How may I help you?" The boy greeted his eyes glued to the screen before him. Clyde showed him a blue slip while I showed him my pink slip. "Oh! New residents!" The boy cheerily said finally looking at our faces, well more specifically Clyde's face.

The boys cheeks faintly heated up as he quickly turned around with Clyde's slip. I nudged Clyde who seemed to be oblivious. "What?" He said confused. I shook my head "nevermind" I said. The boy turned back around shakily giving Clyde his room key. "Your room is on the fifth floor, I'll be here to answer any questions." He said not looking up the entire time.

He took my slip about to turn around but paused. "Uh" He looked at the slip then back to me "Mr.Tucker this is also Tweeks room?" I shyly nodded "yeah, but he said he's okay with it." I said also gesturing to Tweeks signature at the very bottom.

The boy nodded unlocking a drawer and handing me the key. "Your room is on the top level, have a nice night!" I nodded "Thank you uhh" the boy smiled "My names Kevin!" I nodded again "than you Kevin have a nice night." He nodded and went back to staring at the tv.

"He was nice." Clyde said as we walked into the elevator clicking out floor buttons. "Mhm" I responded yawning and stretching. "You look very tired." Clyde said watching the numbers overhead change.

"No duh, we litteraly almost died and now we're in a rebellion. I'm exhausted!" Clyde remained silent. "Your thinking about him aren't you?" I questioned silently eyeing the bracelet dangling from Clyde's bruised wrist.

I watched as he hugged me "I miss him Craig." I hugged him back petting his head. "I do too Clyde, but you gotta remember, he'd want you to be happy and live. Don't quit now. And besides you've got me and Tweek now." Clyde sniffed and seperated from me hearing the door ding.

"Thanks Craig, I'll see you tommorrow. Night." Clyde said a small smile present on his face. I watched Clyde turn and walk down the hall before the doors closed.

The rest of the elevator ride my head swirled with thoughts. Is my family safe? Most importantly my little sister. Would anyone there rat us out? Did anyone else survive?

All these thoughts vanished with the ding of the elevator. I stepped out and surveyed the hall. All the rooms except five were blocked off. Both left and right had around twenty rooms but only six seemed to be occupied.

I walked down the right first. The first door that was occupied was baby blue and numbered sixty-six. The one next to it was orange and labeled sixty-seven. Room sixty-eight had the colors purple and light red. That was the last room on the right that were occupied. The rest had signs saying "unoccupied".

I look down at my room key. "Sixty-three, so it's to the left?" I shrugged and walked to the left side. Sixty-five was a pink door. Sixty-four was a red door. Finally sixty-three was green. At this point I had become aware that is you were apart of the OS squad you would have a colored door. So then Tweeks neighbor was Eric, the stern and big guy.

I didn't know weather to knock or just walk right in so I decided to use my manners. I knocked once, twice, three times. No answer. I unlocked the door and walked in. I turned on the lights and closed the door locking it behind me.

I saw a sign that said "Please take off your shoes" Before me. I followed the rules and took them off finally being able to walk inside. I looked around the tiny hallway that led further inside. It was full of photos. The one that caught my eyes however was of a man surrounded by seven kids.

I stared at the photo for awhile before moving into the living room. It was neat and it smelled like coffee and vanilla. I searched for the light but was stopped when I was tackled to the floor.