Darkness Rising Part 4

In the next day, Elena was walking in the hallway. She knew if Silver finds her now, she will pull her back to her room to rest, but she didn't want that. While she keeps walking, she was noticed by Arcee.

"Elena, shouldn't you be resting?" Arcee asked.

"Would you like to lay down and do nothing if you would have been me?"

"I'm not human."

"Well, I know not to run into any danger," Elena said. In this Arcee sigh. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to..."

"It's okay. It was Miko who followed Bulkhead through the ground bridge. Silver told us."

"I would be lying if I say this, but I did have a feeling she was going to do that someday, I just didn't expect it so soon."

"Did you?"

"I have been at school too. I have seen teens like her."

Arcee smiled a bit at her. She knew she meant well.

"Were you going somewhere?" Elena asked.

"You know what happened when we all came back."

"You go see Jack." Elena finished. Arcee simply nodded. Even if she wasn't excited about looking after a kid, it still felt like she losing someone. Elena could see it too. I was unconscious when it happened, but she has wondered would she have changed his mind by saying something.

"Can I come along?" Elena asked.

Arcee smiled a bit more before transformed and allowed her to get on her before they left the base.

They drove to KO burger just when Jack was getting there.

"Nice bike," Arcee said getting his attention on them.

"Arcee, really, Miko already tried. Tell Optimus I respect him big time. But if you're at war with the Decepticons, there's nothing I can do to help,"

"Optimus didn't send us and no one's asking for your help,"

"OK. If we both agree that I'm not warrior material,"

"Jack, I just lost someone I cared about. Maybe it's the grief talking. Maybe you're growing on me. Whatever it is, I'm just not ready to say goodbye"

"Besides, you didn't let me say goodbye or anything," Elena said while got up from Arcee.

"Are you going to say it then?" Jack asked.

"Jack, I understand if you don't want this and we won't force you. But think this straight. None of us didn't know this was going to happen. Even I didn't know what was going to happen. But unlike you, I didn't have a choice, but I haven't regretted it, because I knew, that I'm needed. They are not just team. To me, they are my family now and I would do anything to help them."

There was deep silence for a moment. In that Jack was amazed what she just said to him. It didn't sound like asking to come back like Miko tried, but it felt different.

"I need to get my helmet." He said and went to pick it up.

"Was I that good?" Elena asked.

"I was going to ask you the same," Arcee said.

It didn't take long before all three were heading back to the base.

"Elena, What did you mean back then? That you didn't have a choice?" Jack asked.

"Let's just say if it wasn't for them, I wouldn't be alive," Elena said.

Jack didn't dare to ask more. Whatever happened to her, it sounds to be serious to her. She would probably explain it more someday.