Crisscross

Elena was once more in Star Computer, but she wasn't doing much. She didn't feel doing much. Ever since they saved Breakdown and faced the M.E.C.H. once more, the words of Optimus were ringing in her mind. It could be possible M.E.C.H. now knows she is alive. But why haven't they started looking for her? Maybe it's because she is on dead-list. There's no bank account because Agent Fowler brings her benefit in cash. Plus she has avoided getting into hospitals. Plus M.E.C.H. probably is looking for her old name Elena Rodriquez. She is now Elena Star. Well, even so, it's better to be careful. Knowing how they work, they could find her one way or another. Unless they are way busy on finding ways to catch any Cybertronian.

Elena was still in her thoughts until Arcee came back by the ground bridge. She sighs after she transformed back and looked bit irritated.

"Something wrong?" asked Elena and came bit closer to listen.

"We got bit problem with Jack's mother," said Arcee.

"Mrs. Darby? Did she see you?" asked Elena bit worried.

"No," said Arcee. complaints from Jack's boss and teacher and because of that, he has to use bike two weeks and If I'm not in the garage before she gets back, he will be in trouble."

"That sounds like been grounded," said Elena. "I thought you get him home in time? Or have you been extra driving?"

Arcee didn't answer that. Everyone has been bit occupied. Elena sighs on that. Extra drive or not, Jack was now so-called grounded and Arcee has been at the time in her place.

"If you want, I could help you."

"We can handle it," said Arcee. "She is working at the hospital and she works late, mostly."

"Mostly, isn't same like always," said Elena. "I could talk, so it won't be a problem ongoing in missions."

"We can handle it. End of the case," said Arcee and leaves.

"You know, she is also a mother. It's natural, that she is so worried," yelled Elena after her. But there wasn't any answer. She didn't mind of that. Plus, to be honest, Elena has once met her couple weeks ago.

Elena was carrying many things after long shopping. Most of them were for Autobots, but there was some for her. Like food, soap, shampoo and other stuff. She was going on to the road when she saw one car on walk side. There was a woman, who had a problem with her car. By how it looks, Tire was damage and need to switch.

"Excuse me, Do you need help?" asked Elena.

"No, I'm fine. I just had to get this out and change it." said woman.

Elena looks on the car. By how it looks there's no extra tire. "You don't seem to have another tire to replace."

The woman looks on the back, no, there wasn't. "Oh great," she said and rubs her head.

"I can fix that for you," said Elena. She removed the tire to check where to hole was. Once she found it, she took rubber from her shopping bags. Then she took lighter, which she had brought and with it melt the rubber on the tire. "Do you have an air pump in the car?" she asked. The woman nodded and went to get it. Once Elena filled the tire with air, she put it back to its place.

"That should hold it until you get to change it," said Elena.

"Thank you," said Woman. "How you learn that?"

"I work a lot with cars, Mrs..."

"Darby."

"Darby?" asked Elena. "Any relative to Jack Darby?"