After Predatory

Elena was sitting on the roof of the base. She couldn't sleep. Mostly because she was sad. Sad, for not being able to comfort.

It started when Arcee, Silver, and Jack returned from reckoning. Or that's what she thought until Silver came to her fast like a little kid who has been scared. Elena tried to ask what was wrong, but before Silver could tell she look at Arcee first before she took Elena far from others. In fact, she took her to her room. There she showed what happened. About Airachnid, about surviving, everything. Elena wasn't sure what to say...

Then on that night, she had dreamed of what happened that time in Cybertron. SweetStar was there too. But she was locked up. But she could see everything that was happening. Everything from the start to the beginning. A pure living nightmare. In that, Elena woke up and went outside.

Elena wasn't sure what to do. It's obvious Arcee won't talk about it. At least not openly. Knowing her too well. She would refuse to speak. In worse part, she asks who told her and never speaks to her.

"What I'm going to do..." said Elena out loud. Then she felt someone coming from behind.

"Should you be in bed?" asked Optimus.

"I couldn't sleep..." she said. Optimus knelt near her.

"What's wrong?" he asked. Elena wasn't sure if she should tell Optimus. But she wanted to trust him in these things. Like her father did. She sighed.

"It's about Arcee," she said.

"What about her?" asked Optimus.

"Silver told me that...she met someone. From her past..."

By how Elena told it could mean it was one of the Decepticons. Optimus was a bit of aware Arcee's past when she and Cliffjumper came to earth.

"I can tell it hurts her. But I don't know what to do. I feel so useless..." said Elena while tears started to come from her eyes. Optimus used his one finger to move her chin up so she could look at him.

"You're not useless, Elena," said Optimus. "In fact, that was PeaceStar once felt, when... someone else died." by how his tone changed it means the situation was hard for him too.

"Who did?" asked Elena weakly. Optimus sighs and looks up. Good thing as Prime he can control his emotions and since Elena was Star, he could tell her. It was one of the things Stars could do. To lift some weight from Prime's shoulders.

"Her name was Elita-one. She... worked beside me, when the war was just starting."

"She was your girlfriend?" asked Elena quietly. Optimus nods for an answer.

"At one time, PeaceStar needed to hide Star Tower, the headquarters of Stars. From there, they had all access to speak with Primus himself. And protect the Allspark. Elita was asked to company her to make sure she makes there and manage to hide the tower."

"Did she?" asked Elena.

"She did. But someone was after them. Elita did her best to keep PeaceStar save, but then the road was destroyed. I was expecting them from another side. Elita had no choice but throw PeaceStar to me. Then it was last time I saw her smile."

"Was she killed?" asked Elena.

Optimus could only nod on that. The scream of PeaceStar echoed in his mind when Elita died. "She was stabbed through. More than one way."

"Who did it?" asked Elena bit seriously. If it was one the cons, she would gladly use EMP on him.

"FallStar," said Optimus. Elena stayed bit shocked. A Star? Why would Star kill someone? "No one knows, how she came to exist, many say that she was punished by something unprovided. But then she raised up and killed the guards who held her down. Rumor has it she helped Megatron with his army when the war started. Many knew if you ever meet her, it would've been a miracle if you survived."