Chapter 4: My First Tour

------September 4, 2017------

Sydne's POV

Today is the big day. There are two big things occurring today. First thing, is that today is the first day of Shawn's tour, and second, it's my birthday. So the fact that I'm going to be spending my birthday with Shawn Mendes, is pretty ridiculous. I've been in Portland since two days prior to this day because I wanted to stay with my parents for when I'm in Portland. I traveled to the venue where Shawn is playing, which is at the Moda Center, and we're all supposed to be there by 8:30 am to have enough time for rehearsal and all that stuff. I got to the venue at 8:15 am and I saw that most of Shawn's crew and team were already there. When I walked inside, I was directed to where I was supposed to go. When I got there, I was immediately lead to the stage where Shawn and his team were at. "Sydne, just in time!" Shawn said. "I tried to get here on time so I wouldn't be late." I replied. "Ready to rehearse?" He smiled.

I set my stuff done and got on the stage to get ready for my rehearsal. I officially decided that I was going to sing 6 songs, in which they are all going to be covers of my favorite songs. I have already compiled which ones I'm going to do, and I'm super excited to sing them all on one stage for the first time. I rehearsed them in 2 sets, with 3 songs in each set. After finishing my first set, I was getting hungry, so I took a break and got something to eat really quick. Quickly after I was done eating, I went back to finish rehearsing the last 3 songs. Once I was done practicing all my songs I'm doing, I went around the venue to look at some things so I could get some rest. I looked/walked around for the past 1 1/2 hour just to kill time before I had to head back to the stage to prepare for my set. It is now 5:30 pm, and Shawn's meet & greet started at 5:00 pm, and the show starts 7:30 pm, in which I start my set shortly after, at 7:35 pm. After 2 1/2 hours go by, it's time for the show to start.

It was decided that at each show, there would be one person each night that will announce both Shawn and I before we go on stage. And tonight, that would Shawn's personal assistant, Samantha. "Good Evening Portland! How is everybody doing tonight?" Samantha said. The audience and fans screamed. "I think that was a little too quiet. How are you doing tonight Portland?!" Samantha said once more. The audience and fans then screamed and shouted louder than last time. "That's much better! Well, being that tonight is the first show of the tour, our opening act for the tour, comes right here from Portland." Samantha smiled. The audience screamed with excitement. "So, to get the show started, I am honored to introduce to you, Portland's own, Sydne Ryland!" Samantha smiled as she walked off stage, and I made my way there. "What is up Portland!" I shouted into the microphone. The audience screamed as they became excited to see me on stage. "To be honest, this is my very, very first time to join any kind of tour, or even sing on a stage, and the fact that I get to share the stage with Shawn Mendes, I am completely blessed." I smiled. The audience cheered. "So to start off, I'm going to be singing a cover of "Prom Queen" by Molly Kestner. Hope you guys enjoy!" I smiled. (A.N. - Each song that Sydne will be singing will be posted below).

Prom Queen by Molly Kestner

After I finished the song, I took a breath and could hear the crowd clapping and cheering for me. "Thank you." I smiled as I looked around the arena. "Next song I'm going to be singing is called "Off The Record" by Will Jay, hope you enjoy." I smiled as I got ready to sing the next song.

Off The Record by Will Jay

I finished that song, and it never felt so good to sing that song live, let alone, in front of a bunch of people. "Thank you, thank you." I bowed and smiled. "Next song I'll be singing, is one of my personal favorites, and it's called "Wonderful Life" by Cole Pendery. Enjoy." I said as I stepped back from the microphone to get ready.

Wonderful Life by Cole Pendery

It felt so good to sing that song, honestly. The crows continued to cheer and scream for me. "Next, is a song that has a very thoughtful meaning to me, and is definitely a personal favorite of mine. How many of you guys are familiar with Gabbie Hanna?" I asked the crowd. I could hear most of the crowd scream with excitement. "Well, I'm going to be singing a cover of her song, "Satellite," so I hope you like it." I smiled.

Satellite by Gabbie Hanna

Once I finished the song, my heart was beating so fast, but, it felt so good. That song by Gabbie Hannah represents me so well, and it felt so amazing to sing that song live. "This is the second to last song I'll be singing. So, how many of you guys love Niall Horan?" I asked the crowd. And without hesitation, I get many screams and shouts from them. "This is called "Seeing Blind" by Niall, hope you enjoy." I smiled once again and held the microphone.

Seeing Blind by Niall Horan

"Ok, this is the last song I'm going to be singing, and I want to end my set tonight with a fun song, that you guys can dance to and sing along. Here's my cover of Wolves by Selena Gomez featuring Marshmello. Thank you Portland for having me again!" I smiled as the song started playing.

Wolves by Selena Gomez ft. Marshmello

After I finished my last song, I waved goodbye to the audience and walked off the stage. Wow. I can't believe that I did it. My first ever tour. My first ever show. That felt so amazing. Getting to tour with one of the people that inspire me everyday, I feel more inspired each day.