Chapter 12: Getting To Know Her Family & Friends

Shawn's POV

Sydne has been in my mind a whole lot lately. During these past few months, I've grown to know her more, and we eventually have become really good friends. It's unfortunate that we can't see each other often than we can, because she lives in Portland, Oregon, and I'm based in Los Angeles, California. It's honestly not that far of a fight from California to Oregon and vice versa. But, it would cost a lot if I were to, or she were to, fly every few weeks to come see me or I come see her. But, I've been thinking lately, why don't I go fly to Portland and pay Sydne a visit? Sounds like a good idea!

------A few days later; at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX)------

The day has finally come! I'm about to board my plane to Portland, Oregon and pay Sydne a surprise visit. Yes, it's a surprise, and she has no clue at all that I'm coming. A few minutes have passed, and it was time to board my plane. When I got on the plane to find my seat, I was noticed by a flight attendant. "Welcome Aboard, Mr. Mendes. Enjoy your flight." She smiled. "Thank you very much." I replied back. Once I found my seat, I put some of my stuff in the overhead compartment and kept my backpack with me. I sat down and got comfortable before the plane took off. Before I know it, I'll be in Portland, and I'll be surprising Sydne.

------Halfway through the flight------

I'm almost halfway there, and I decided to text Sydne and ask her what she's up to. "Hey Sydne, it's Shawn." I texted. Two minutes later, she replied. "Hey Shawn! What's up?" She replied. "Ohh nothing really, just aboard a plane at the moment." I replied. "That's awesome!! Where are you headed?" She asked. "Ohh, somewhere by the name of, Portland?" I replied. "Wait, you're coming to Portland, right now?" She asked. "Well, I guess you can say that I am." I giggled a little. "Oh my gosh, what are you going to be doing here?" Sydne asked. "Umm, I actually don't know yet. I was thinking about, paying you a visit?" I mentioned. "Oh my, of course! You're always welcome at my house. Is anyone picking you up?" She asked. "Actually, yes. I should be landing within the next 1 hour or so." I replied. "Ohh ok. I'll get everything ready for you here at my place." Sydne said. "Wait, are you sure? You want me to stay, at your place?" I asked. "Why, of course! You've been a huge help to me during the tour, so I want to give back to you by letting you stay at my place while you're here." She replied. "Well, how can I say no? Thank you very much, Sydne." I smiled. "It's my pleasure. I already spoke with my parents about this, and they are completely fine with it." She said. "Tell your parents, that I give my sincere thanks to them." I said. "Will do!" She replied.

Since then, we haven't texted during the last hour of my flight. I'll be reaching Portland, Oregon very, very soon.

------1 hour later; in Portland, Oregon------

Finally, I'm in Portland once again. It's been a good while since I've been here, so I'm so happy to be back here. And, I'm actually here, not just to visit Sydne. I actually want to get to know her a little more, by getting to know the people she loves & adores. When I arrived at baggage claim, I looked around to see where my ride would be. After looking for 5 minutes, I saw a man dressed in a suit & tie with a sign that said, "Mendes." I grabbed my luggage and made my way towards my driver. "Welcome to Portland, Mr. Mendes. May I be the one to carry your bag?" My driver greeted me nicely. "Thank you very much." I smiled as I gave him my luggage. When we got in the car, he asked for Sydne's address, which I gave to him. It was going to be about a 30 minute drive, so I took advantage of it to look at all the beautiful buildings and sites along the way.

------30 minutes later; outside Sydne's house------

"Thank you very much, sir." I greeted my driver as he helped me carry out my luggage. "It's my pleasure, Mr. Mendes. Again, welcome to Portland." He smiled as he got in the car and drove away. I pulled out my phone to give Sydne a call. After 3 rings, she answered. "Look outside." I said. She immediately hung up the phone and was probably running towards her door.

Sydne's POV

"Look outside." Shawn said. I immediately hung up the phone and ran towards my phone. Once I opened the door, I could see the most familiar face I can ever see. "Shawn!" I screamed with excitement as I ran towards the gate to open it for Shawn. "Welcome again to Portland." I smiled as I gave Shawn a hug. "Thanks again for letting me stay at your place while I'm here." Shawn said. "It's our pleasure. It's the least I can do." I smiled. We started walking towards my front door where my Mom and Dad were waiting for us. "Mom, Dad, you obviously know who this is." I smiled. "Hello Shawn, welcome to our home." Dad greeted Shawn. "Thank you for having me stay here, Mr. and Mrs. Ryland. I really appreciate it." Shawn said. "We always love having guests over. You're always welcome." Mom smiled.

While my Mom and Dad showed Shawn around the house, my sisters don't know yet, that Shawn is staying with us for a few days while he's here in Portland. After 15 minutes have gone by, I heard my sisters come home. "Guys! You would not believe who's staying at our house for a few days." I told my sisters. "Who's staying here?" Cassidy asked. A few seconds later, I heard Shawn's voice projecting towards our direction. "Wow Sydne, your house is really nice." Shawn smiled. My sister Danni looked over my shoulder, and she couldn't believe her eyes. "Wait, is this for real right now?" She asked, then rubbed her eyes to make sure she wasn't dreaming. "Danni, you're not dreaming. He's actually here." I laughed. "These must be your sisters." Shawn smiled as he walked towards us. "Yes they are. To my left is my sister Cassidy, and to my right is my other sister Danni." I smiled as I introduced Cass and Danni to Shawn. "It's nice to meet you guys." Shawn smiled. "Were my parents able to show you the room you'd be sleeping in?" I asked. "Yes they were. It's a really nice room." Shawn replied.

Shawn's POV

It was really nice of Sydne's parents to show me around their house. The hospitality they've shown to me so far has been incredible. Her parents are super nice, and her sisters seem pretty nice as well. "So Shawn, my bestie is coming over, and I think she'll be super excited to meet you." Sydne smiled. "That's exciting! I'll be happy to meet her." I replied. After a few minutes went by, there was a knock on the door. "Ohh, that must be her." Sydne said as she went to go answer the door. When she came back, Sydne's bestie looked super shocked to see me at her house. "Sydne, what.... is....... Shawn doing here?" She asked. "Well, he just arrived here from California, and he's visiting Portland for a few days. Shawn, this is my bestie AJ. AJ, you course know Shawn." Sydne said. "Hi Shawn, it's very nice to meet you finally." Her bestie smiled. "Finally, it's nice to meet you!" I replied as I gave her a hug.

(A.N. - After Shawn arrived in Portland, he took a quick nap because he was tired from his flight, so after he took a nap, Sydne took him around Downtown Portland and showed him the stuff he wasn't able to see the last time he came down the Oregon. )