Chapter 9: Denver Is So Lovely

Sydne's POV

Tonight is the night, that we're playing the show in the lovely Denver, Colorado. I'm super excited to play tonight in Denver, because I got word that some famous celebrities are coming to watch the show. I'm super excited for them to come watch the show, but at the same time, I'm really nervous because this'll be the first time where a celebrity is actually going too hear me sing. All of us headed to the venue at around 3:00 pm because Shawn's crew wanted us to rehearse for tonight a little bit early because his meet & greet starts at 6:30 pm, and the show starts at 8:00 pm. We're playing tonight at the Pepsi Center, which is where some of the local sports teams in Denver play their home games. By the time I arrived there, Shawn hadn't arrived yet, but most of the team had just arrived. I walked in with them to help make sure that everything was mostly set up & ready to go. After checking that, I walked around the venue a few times just so I can get used to the surroundings, in case I get lost. After 2 hours, I was able to walk around the inside 3 times, and I think all the surroundings are in my head now. While I was walking back to where my dressing room was, I accidentally bumped into someone. When I looked up, it was Shawn that I bumped into. "Oh my, Shawn I'm so sorry." I said as I stood up while helping him. "Don't worry Sydne, it's ok." He smiled. Holy cow, his smile is so gorgeous, I can't stop smiling.

"So, how are you liking Denver so far?" Shawn asked me. "So far, I'm really liking it." I replied. "That's great. Have you been here before?" He asked. "To be honest, I actually never been here before." I replied. "Were you able to tour around the city when you got here?" Shawn asked. "Well, I was able to go the Denver Zoo and Downtown Denver." I replied. "I love both of those places!" Shawn smiled. "I'm guessing you've been to these places before." I smiled. "Well, yes. I've been to Downtown Denver about 2 times, and I've been to the Denver Zoo about 4 times already." He replied. "Wow, that's awesome. You must know Denver really well." I giggled. "Well, I guess you can say that I do." Shawn laughed. After Shawn and I chatted for a little while, it was time for us to head back to our dressing rooms and start getting ready. Shawn's meet & greet starts in about 30 minutes, so he had to get ready really quickly. After one hour went by, it was officially 30 minutes before the show begins, so I had to finish getting ready for my performance tonight. For tonight's outfit, I decided to go with something simple, but something that stands out. I decided to go with something that was "Cher Lloyd" inspired, so I went with a black leather tank top that was a little cropped, a blue leather skirt, and some black heels with red bottoms. (A.N. - A picture of what the outfit will look like is posted above). After my outfit was put on, it was time for my makeup & hair to be done. Luckily Shawn has some people on the tour team that do makeup & hair because I wouldn't be able to finish both my makeup & hair by the time I'd have to be on stage, and, the people he picked work very fast, so I was completely done 10 minutes before I had to go on.

------1 hour later; after the opening set------

After performing my set tonight, I all of a sudden felt so happy. Tonight in Denver, made me feel so alive. After 15 minutes went by, it was time for Shawn to finish of tonight with a bang. After Shawn was halfway through his set, he wanted to take a little break from his usual set. "Denver!! How are you all doing tonight?" Shawn shouted as the crowd screamed and cheered. "I can't hear you. How are you all doing tonight, Denver?" Shawn shouted again, as the crowd continued to scream and cheer.

Shawn's POV (Surprise!)

"Now that's more like it. So, you guys are probably wondering, why am I stopping in the middle of my set to talk to you guys." I said as the crowd went quiet. "Well, I wanted to stop my usual set tonight, and sing an extra song for you guys tonight, but, I wanted to add a little tiny twist to it." I said. The crowd was whispering and wondering what I was talking about. "So, the song I'll be singing the song "Perfect" by Ed Sheeran, but I'll need a little help from someone. Would the lovely Sydne Ryland, please come on stage?" I asked for Sydne. A few seconds went by, and I saw Sydne coming towards the stage. "Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome back on stage, Sydne Ryland!" I said as the crowd clapped and cheered for me. "So, Sydne and I here, will be singing Perfect by Ed Sheeran featuring Beyonce, hope you all enjoy." I smiled as the song began to play.

[Shawn:]
I found a love for me
Oh darling, just dive right in and follow my lead
Well, I found a girl, beautiful and sweet
Oh, I never knew you were the someone waiting for me
'Cause we were just kids when we fell in love
Not knowing what it was
I will not give you up this time
But darling, just kiss me slow, your heart is all I own
And in your eyes, you're holding mine

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, listening to our favourite song
When you said you looked a mess, I whispered underneath my breath
But you heard it, darling, you look perfect tonight

[Sydne:]
Well I found a man, stronger than anyone I know
He shares my dreams, I hope that someday we'll share a home
I found love, to carry more than just my secrets
To carry love, to carry children of our own
We are still kids, but we're so in love
Fighting against all odds
I know we'll be alright this time
Darling, just hold my hand
Be your girl, you'll be my man
And I see my future in your eyes

[Sydne, Shawn:]
Well baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, while listening to our favorite song
When I saw you in that dress, looking so beautiful
I don't deserve this, darling, you look perfect tonight

Baby, I'm dancing in the dark, with you between my arms
Barefoot on the grass, while listening to our favorite song
I have faith in what I see
Now I know I have met an angel in person
And she looks perfect
And he looks perfect
No I don't deserve this
You look perfect tonight

*End Of Song*

Sydne's POV

The crowd screamed and cheered for Shawn and I as we finished the song perfectly. "Again ladies an gentlemen, Sydne Ryland!" Shawn shouted as the crowd continued to clap and cheer for me. Holy cow, that was amazing. It felt so good to sing a duet with one of the people that I've been looking up to for so long. My heart was so full of happiness.