Chapter 6: The Next Destination

Sydne's POV

Leaving Portland was really hard for me. It didn't hit me until the minute we left, that I won't be able to see my family for the next two months. It saddens me, but I will still get the opportunity to call them and video chat with them, which in that, I'm happy about. Our next destination on the tour is Seattle, Washington, and I'm very excited because I've always wanted to go & visit there. The one place that I really want to see is the Space Needle and Pike Place Market. We are supposed to arrive there in the early morning on September 6, so I'll have some time in the morning and the afternoon, and then we have rehearsals in the evening.

------Arriving in Seattle, Washington------

Finally, we've arrived in Seattle. The tour bus dropped us off at the hotel so we could unpack our things and get settled in. Once I got myself settled in, I let Shawn's manager know that I was heading out to tour Seattle for the morning. I grabbed my purse with my wallet and phone, and headed out the door. The first place I went to was the Space Needle. I've heard so many things about this place, it makes it seem more interesting. I wasn't sure how to get around to getting inside, so I asked the people there if they could help me. Gladly, someone was kind enough to help me, and I was able to make my way to the Space Needle. When I got inside, I paid for my ticket and waited for the next ride to go up the Needle. When the next elevator opened, I slowly made my way inside. During the ride up, the tour guide gave us some fun facts about the Space Needle, one being that it is 605 feet high, which was pretty shocking. When the elevator stopped, all of us made our way out, and began our tour. I first made my way around in a circle once, just so I could get used to where things were. I then made my way to the deck where I was able to view Seattle from above.

I would've never thought that Seattle looked this gorgeous from 605 feet in the air. I took a few pictures to keep for memories. Once I was done there, I went back inside to look at the souvenirs they had. I bought one t-shirt and a keychain. Once I was done, I went to find the elevator and make my way back down. Once I was actually outside, I took my phone out to find how to get to Pike Place Market. It is said to be a 7 minute drive to Pike Place Market, which isn't too bad at all. I called an Uber and it arrived within 10 minutes.

------10 minutes later------

Once I got to Pike Place Market, I went straight inside and began exploring everything they had to offer. There were many interesting things that Pike Place Market had to offer, like their various markets and shopping places. The one place that I heard about that gave me interest was the fish market. I'm not that really into fish that much, but the fish market looked like fun. The one thing that I wanted to look for was a souvenir shop that sold shirts that said "Pike Place Market" on them. And luckily, I was able to find some nice shirts. Once I was done exploring the entire market, I called another Uber to take me back to the hotel.

------30 minutes later------

When I got to the hotel, as I was walking inside, I accidentally bumped into someone, who it happened to be Shawn. "Ohh, hi Shawn." I smiled. "Hey Sydne. How was touring Seattle?" He asked. "It was really fun. I only went to the Space Needle and Pike Place Market." I smiled. "Ohh, those are really lovely places. Did you enjoy them?" Shawn asked. "Yes, I really did enjoy them." I replied. "Well, want to go ahead with me to rehearsals?" He offered. "Well, if you're going there now, I might as well go too." I smiled. I really ran up to my hotel room to drop off the stuff I bought and made it back downstairs to meet with Shawn. We're performing tonight at Safeco Field. This is also a first for me, because it'll be the first time I've ever performed at a baseball field.

(A.N. - Sydne, Shawn, and the rest of the team continued to rehearse for the show the next day. Later on that night, Sydne was able to video chat with her parents and family in Portland and catch up with how they are doing.)