Chapter 15: Planning Out The Surprise

Shawn's POV

I've made my decision. I'm going to fly out to Oregon later this week and surprise Sydne, because I want to tell her how much she means to me, and, how much I love her. We've known each other for over 1 year now, almost 2 years, and I've been able to get to know her a lot more. I made some appointments with my manager to discuss about how my plans are going to pull through. During the second appointment, my manager talked to me about booking my plane ticket to Oregon and the hotel I'll be staying at. She also advised to me that I shouldn't show myself around Oregon too much so I can avoid posts from fans saying where I am, and that Sydne wouldn't know that I'm in town. I'll be leaving in a few days from now, on Thursday night, and I'll be there by early Friday morning, and the plan is to surprise Sydne on Saturday night.

------Wednesday night------

I just got an email from my manager telling me that my plane ticket to Oregon had just been purchased, so I'm all set to go, it's just the hotel that needs to be booked. She also said in the email that my hotel would be booked tomorrow morning, which is perfectly fine. Later in the night, at 9:00 pm, I heard my phone going off. I looked over to see that it was Sydne calling me. She never usually calls me first. I'm typically the one who makes calls to her. "Hey Sydne, what's up?" I answered. "Hey Shawn. Nothing really, I'm just calling to say hello." She replied. "Well, I appreciate you checking on me." I said. "So, what are you up to?" Sydne asked. "Nothing really, I'm just getting ready to head somewhere in a few days." I replied. "Where are you headed to?" She asked. "It's kind of a secret, so I can't really say anything." I said. "Ohh ok, I understand." She replied. "By the way, is there anything else that's really exciting to do in Portland? I have a few friends going there in a few days." I asked Sydne. "Well, besides the typical places to go to, I would recommend visiting Cannon Beach, or going to Bend, Oregon. It's a really nice city." Sydne said. "Ok, awesome! I'll let them know about that." I smiled.

------A few minutes later------

After the call with Sydne, I took a deep breath of relief. I honestly thought that I was going to slip about the surprise I'm planning. But luckily I was able to calm down before I got super nervous and slipped. I haven't had dinner yet tonight, so I decided to order some take-out and have it delivered here to my apartment. After 15 minutes went by, I heard my doorbell ring, which I knew that my food was here. I went to the door and paid for my food. I grabbed the food and sat at my table to start eating. Once I was done eating, I cleaned up and got myself ready for bed.

------The next day; Thursday morning------

It is the morning of when I leave for Oregon, and my flight is at 10:35 pm. I'm supposed to be at the airport by 7:30 pm, so my manager arranged un Uber for me to have me get picked up and taken to the airport. Before I get ready to leave, I had to run some errands before I get ready, so I got dressed for the day and headed out the door. The first place I went to was the grocery store to buy some food to put in my refrigerator. Also, there is going to be someone who will stay at my apartment while I'm gone, so that's why I'm buying groceries so they will have some food to eat while they stay at my place. Once I got to the store, I grabbed a cart and began walking around the store to find the stuff I needed. After my trip to the grocery store, I had to run to Walmart and Target really quick because I needed to buy some last minute things before I leave later tonight.

------Later tonight; 6:30 pm------

It is 1 hour before I have to leave for the airport, and my Uber is supposed to pick me up in about 15 minutes or so. I quickly pack my last minute things into my backpack . 10 minutes go by, and my Uber ride is here. He arrived 5 minutes early, which is always good to be early. I brought my stuff outside and locked my door and left the spare key with the front desk for when my guest arrives. My Uber driver helped me put my luggages in the trunk, I got inside, and I was on my way to the airport. Once I arrived, my driver helped me take my things out and helped me until I reached the boarding pass area.

So, it's official. I am on my way to Oregon to surprise Sydne. Let's just hope that all my plans and everything will turn out great.

*To be continued.....*