Chapter 7: The Lovely Seattle

Sydne's POV

I still can't believe that I'm in the beautiful city of Seattle. When I went on a min tour the other day, it felt so amazing to get to know the city more. But tonight, is the night. I'm getting to perform on stage, at Safeco Field in Seattle. I'm super excited because I've never performed on a baseball field, so this will be exciting for me. All of us headed to the venue early because we still had to set up some things and make sure once more that everything was all set for tonight. Shawn and I also went through our sets one more time, just to be sure that the microphones are working and that they won't suddenly turn off while we're performing.

After we finished going through our sets, we had a few hours to spare before we had to come back and Shawn had to start his meet & greet. All of us did our own separate things, and I decided to stay at the hotel and just come back to the field later on. I didn't really feel like going out today because rehearsals tired me out. I decided to take a quick nap before I had to head back out again. I fell asleep for 30 minutes before I heard my phone making noises. I woke up to see what it was, and it turned out to be messages on Twitter. Most of them were saying, "You were so amazing in Portland" or " You looked amazing in Portland" or "Your voice is like an angel. Very beautiful." These messages made me so happy to read them. I haven't been more happier today than to see these tweets.

------A few hours later------

It is now time to head back to Safeco Field and prepare for tonight. Shawn's meet & greet started about 30 minutes ago, and is supposed to end within the next hour or two. I went ahead to my dressing room to get started on getting ready for tonight. After 30 minutes, I had my outfit on and ready to go. All I had left to do was my makeup and hair. Luckily Shawn had some people on his team that fixed hair and makeup, because it would've taken me really long to do both hair and makeup. I was done with them within 30 minutes, which was pretty quick. Once I was officially done, I put my shoes on and headed to the field to see how many people had arrived. When I looked out, there was so many people already that had arrived and went to their seats. Right then, I smiled. Seeing this made me super happy. I quickly went back to check on myself one more time before I head out on stage.

And yet again, it's time! I grabbed my microphone and walked up on stage. "How's everyone doing tonight?" I smiled and waved, as the crowd screamed and cheered. "For those of you who don't know me, my name is Sydne Ryland, and I come from the amazing city of Portland, Oregon." I said as some of the crowd cheered louder. "How many of you here right now, are from Portland?" I asked. I looked into the crowd and there were many people that raised their hands. "It makes me so happy to see you all here. So I guess, without further a do, let's get this concert started." I smiled. I began performing my first song and the crowd began to clap and cheer. After 1 hour, my set was done. "Goodnight Seattle, thank you for having me." I smiled and waved as I made my way off the stage.

A few minutes later, it was finally Shawn's turn to perform. All the lights on the field went dark, and an intro began to play. (A.N. - A video is posted below of what the intro would look like.)

Once the intro ended, the lights went back on, and the presence of Shawn Mendes made it on stage. "What is up Seattle!" Shawn shouted as the crowd continued to cheer and scream for Shawn. And like what he does best, he began to perform and wins the hearts of all the fans at Safeco Field.

(A.N. - Shawn continued with his set and continued to make all the fans in Seattle happy. I will have posted below, the songs that Shawn sung in Seattle, and they will also be the same songs that he will sing for the rest of the shows.)