Chapter 5: Celebrating My Birthday

Sydne's POV

It is now the next day, September 5, and today is when I'm going to celebrate my birthday, since yesterday was my actual birthday, I was fulfilling my dream. The next show isn't until the 7th of September, so we're here in Portland until tomorrow. I spent half of the day celebrating with my parents & family, then the rest of the day was just going to be all to myself. Throughout the day, I've been receiving birthday messages, whether from family members or friends. After hanging out with my family, I headed over to Downtown Portland and spent the rest of my day there.

When I arrived, I had no idea what I wanted to do first. The first place I ended up going to was Tom McCall Waterfront Park. This is such a beautiful park for people to come visit. It has a nice walkway by the water where you can go on walks and other stuff. Once I was done doing things at the park, I decided to head over to one of my favorite places ever, the mall. I wasn't sure what I was going to buy, but I will see when I get there. When I arrived, the first thing I did was get something to eat, because I was really hungry. I decided to get Panda Express because it's really good, and it's the easiest thing to get because there was no line at all. Once I got my food, I found somewhere to sit and started eating. After I was done eating, I began my shopping time. The first store I went to was Hot Topic. I browsed around for a few minutes to see what new stuff they had. After 5 minutes of browsing, I found 2 shirts that I liked, and some jewelry pieces that I liked.

After I was done at Hot Topic, I headed over to Forever 21. When I walked in, there were so many beautiful tops and skirts, I went through all of them and picked out ones that I really liked. I then looked through the dresses to see if I liked any, and there was one that I really, really was in love with. Next, I went over to the jewelry section and checked out their jewelry they had. I wasn't really interested in anything, so I began to head over to the check-out area, which was right by the socks. There were so many cute socks, I just had to get all the ones I loved. By the time I was done checking out, I ended up leaving the store with 4 tops, 2 skirts, 1 dress, and 6 pairs of socks. Once I was done at Forever 21, I took a quick break and got a snack to eat. I stopped by the pretzel place to get a pretzel and something to drink. After I was done eating my snack, I wanted to stop by one more store before I had to head back to the hotel where Shawn's team was staying. The last store I went to was the Vans store. I wanted to check out and see if they had any new styles out, and I was meaning to buy a new pair of shoes anyways.

After 30 minutes of looking in Vans, I found a pair that I really liked. They were just plain black & white vans that have laces. After 4 hours of shopping, I finally decided to go back to my house and pack the things that I bought in a new suitcase. When I got home, my Mom quickly gave me a suitcase to pack my new things in. It took me about 25 minutes to pack all the stuff I bought, and I had to leave shortly after I finished packing. Once I left, my feelings hit me that I won't be able to see my family for the next 2 months.

I just hope that this tour will be a super fun experience for me.