Chapter 16: Will You Be With Me?

Shawn's POV

For the past few days, I kept thinking about Sydne, and I don't know why. I really, truly do like her, and I'm in love. And I've been planning this big thing to ask her, if she wants to be my girlfriend, but I don't know how to ask her, and it would be really weird because I worked with her, and I was technically her "boss" in the past, so I have no idea how this will work. So when I arrived at the studio today for work, I grabbed my manager and pulled her aside. "Hey Mrs. Johnson! Is everything ready for the surprise later today for Sydne?" I asked. "Yes, everything is completely ready. All we need is for Sydne to show up." She replied. "Ok, awesome!! I'm going to text her in a little bit, telling her that I had a special surprise prepared for her." I replied. "So, are you completely ready, Shawn?" Mrs. Johnson asked. "I think I am, but I'm not completely sure. I'm going to go outside for a bit and take a breather and think about all of this." I said as I walked away and went outside. I took a few blocks around the studio building while trying to not freak out what's going to happen later.

------Many, many moments later; at Tom McCall Waterfront Park------

Sydne's POV

I was just chilling at my house watching TV and making my lunch, when I received a text. When I went to see who texted me, I was shocked. It was Shawn who texted me. It's so weird for Shawn to be texting me, because he'd only text me if he was in town, or if he's having a show in Portland and wanted to invite me to it. So, I decided to reply to him asking he'd be texting me around this time. He said that he had a special surprise prepared for me at Tom McCall Waterfront Park, which isn't that far from my place. I replied to him saying that I'd be there in about 15-20 minutes from now. After I finished texting him, I had my lunch and went straight to my room to get ready and head out. A few minutes later, I was all dressed and ready to go. I didn't want to go all out with my outfit, so I just decided to wear some black leggings from Nike and a long sleeve shirt, nothing too specific.

------A few minutes later; at Tom McCall Waterfront Park------

When I arrived, I started to walk around to where I would think Shawn's "surprise" would be at. For the past 5 minutes, I couldn't find anything at all that would give away his so said special "surprise." After looking for about 10 minutes, I started to notice a group of balloons that were paired together, so I guessed that Shawn's surprise for me would've been over there. When I walked over to where the balloons were, I was immediately greeted by a song that started playing, which was "Just The Way You Are" by Bruno Mars. (A.N. - I recommend to play the song while you're reading this next part. You can replay every time if you'd want to :). Song is posted below).

Immediately, I noticed that the balloons grouped together were 5 arches made of white and sky blue balloons. I couldn't help but smile, but, I honestly had no idea what Shawn was up to. I slowly started walking through the first arch, and there was someone standing at the end waiting for me. She then handed me a white rose, with a note that read, *Dear Sydne, Ever since the first day we laid eyes on each other.....* "Thank you so much." I smiled as I made my way to the second arch. At the end, there was again, someone waiting for me. And again, she handed me another white rose that also had a note which read, *We became friends in an instant. Your friendship means the entire world to me.....* I smiled and said thank you before walking over to the third arch. While walking towards the third arch, there was a man waiting for me at the end. "Ms. Ryland, may I?" He said politely as he reached out his arm for me to grab. I held onto his arm and we made our way through the fourth arch and onto the fifth arch. Once we got to the fifth arch, he slowly set my arm down and stood to the side.

And, right as he left, out came a man, who I thought, was the most handsome human being that ever existed. He was holding a huge bouquet of white roses, and he started walking towards my direction. "Shawn, how come I had no idea you were here?" I asked Shawn. "Well, I wanted this to be a surprise. Ohh, these are for you." He smiled as he handed me the bouquet of roses. "And, what is all of this? What's going on?" I asked him again. Shawn then grabbed my hand and took me to his area in the range of the park. "Sydne, these past few days, I've been thinking about you a lot, and, since we've known each other for quite some time, I feel like this is the right time to ask you this important question." Shawn paused as he grabbed the bouquet from my hands and set them down. "Sydne Rae Ryland, will you...." He paused again and took a deep breath. "Will you be, my girlfriend?" Shawn asked, then let out a smile.

At this point, I was absolutely flattered. Shawn Mendes, asking me, Sydne Ryland, to be his girlfriend? I don't know what to say, I'm speechless. I looked down at my feet, took a huge, deep breath, and looked back up at Shawn. "Shawn, to be honest, this is really shocking, and I didn't expect this to happen at all. But, during these past few days as well, I've been thinking about you a lot more, and, to answer your question...." I paused and took another deep breath. "Yes, I would love to be your girlfriend." I finished and gave a smile. I saw Shawn's face, and he was too shocked to even answer. "Are you..... are you kidding me right now? Is this for real?" Shawn asked with shock. "Yes Shawn, this is real. I'm your girlfriend now. We're official." I smiled as I gave Shawn a hug. Without question, he immediately hugged me right back. "Honestly Sydne, you don't know how happy you just made me. And I can't wait to make more happy memories, together with you." Shawn smiled.

(A.N. - After Shawn and Sydne have been dating for 3 years, Shawn thought it was the right time to pop the question to Sydne, so he decided to propose to her while on stage during one of his shows on tour, and it was one of the happiest moments in Sydne's entire life. Both Sydne and Shawn fixed the details for their wedding, and got married 2 years later. After they got married, they had their honeymoon in Montreal, Quebec, Canada and came back to Los Angeles, California, where they decided to live for good. They ended up having 3 kids, 2 boys, one named Logan James Mendes and one named Seth Isaiah Mendes, and 1 girl, named Charlotte Isabella Mendes.)

Hey guys!! So unfortunately, this is the end of My Beginning And End. It was a really fun time getting to write this book. Until then, I hope you enjoyed My Beginning And End.

Much Love, Aurora