Chapter 2 -Paparazzi

Niall's P.O.V.

I felt so sorry for the lass. Her parents never being there for her, making her move away from all she ever knew, and now she is out here in England all alone. I had no choice but to ask her to stay with me. She is very pretty. Her grey-blue eyes sparkled when she smiled. Small light freckles were scattered above her cheek bones and across the bridge of her nose. Her wavy brown hair swirled down to the middle of her back. She wore skin-tight black pants that were tucked into black buckle boots that came just below the knee, and a red tank top that covered her skinny torso. Her black eye-liner surrounding her eyes made them pop. She looked beautiful and smelled like roses.

I stand up and hold out my hand to her. When she takes it a rush of warmth fills my body. She gets up and grabs one of her suitcases. Letting go of my hand she grabs the other. "So would you like to know a little bit about me?" I ask her while we leave the restaurant.

"Sure!" she replies.

"Well, my name is Niall Horan, I'm in a band called One Direction, but you probably already know that, and I love food! Oh, and I'm Irish."

Carly's P.O.V.

I stop walking and I look at Niall. "You're in a band?"

"Yes of course! Haven't you heard of us?"

I look at him thinking about it for a moment. I remember when Katelyn was at my house one time she was telling me about some new band with five young boys in it, but I did't think much of them. "No. Well..." I pause thinking of Katelyn, "No. I haven't."

"Well you have certainly missed something, girl." he says laughing.

"Is that Niall? Niall Horan?" some lady yells pointing in our direction.

"Oh shoot." he says pulling his hood over his head and putting his glasses on his face.

"What? What's wrong?" I ask in bewilderment.

"Come, come on quick!" he says quietly, taking my hand and running away.

"What's going on?" I yell while being pulled by Niall, trying to keep up.

"Hide your face you can't be seen!" he says in a hushed tone. Deciding to listen to him, I look towards the ground, using Niall's feet to guide me. I look behind us and see a bunch of people chasing after us, taking pictures. I turn my head quickly. I probably shouldn't have done that. I think to myself. Suddenly, Niall takes a sharp turn into an alley and my hand slips from his.

I slow down a lot since I'm not a very fast runner. Niall had already been pushing me to my breaking point. Before I know it I'm completely surrounded by photographers. "Carly! Carly!" I hear Niall's voice somewhere in the crowd.

"Niall!" I scream. "Niall!" I am completely overwhelmed by these people. I shove my way through a few people but trip and fall over someone's foot, smacking my face on the ground.

I sit up and cup my hand over my mouth, my vision gets blurry. I pull my hand away and see vivid red blood dripping from it. Someone grabs my arm and pulls me up with much force, dangling me about a foot off the ground. I look into the face of a particularly large man. His giant hand digs into my arm. "Have a nice trip, sweetheart?" he says right in my face. I kick him in his round stomach and jerk my arm out of his grasp, falling on the ground again. I look around for Niall again, but all I see are bright flashing lights and the blurry faces of angry people. No, not angry, wild. But they sure do seem angry.

"Niall!" I scream. I am so scared. The tears start pouring down my face. I never cry. I think the last time I cried was in second grade when Zack Brown threw sand in my face. But now the tears are flooding. Finally I see a bleach blond head in the crowd.

"Carly?!" he yells.

"Niall! I'm over here!" When he sees my face he comes running over, shoving crazy people out of the way. He grabs my hand and pulls me off the ground. He clasps my hand harder than ever, not wanting to lose me again.

We shove our way through the crowd and turn into the alley. Hiding behind a giant trash bin, we watch as the crowd runs by wildly searching for us. When the crowds go by I sit down on the ground and curl my knees up close to my chest, hugging them with my arms. I bury my face in my arms and cry. I feel myself shaking. I hear Niall slide down the wall and sit by me. He wraps his arms around me, holding me tight, apologizing to me over and over again. I sit in the warmth and comfort of his arms, wishing he would never let go.