Chapter 23 -Shh...You'll Wake the Squirrels

Carly's P.O.V.

I couldn't believe it. I, Carly Watson, am Niall Horan's girlfriend. It's too good to be true. I just can't believe a guy like Niall would love me, let alone want to speak to me. Niall is just so...perfect, and I'm so...not. Not to mention he is in an extremely popular boy band, and every single girl would kill to just catch a glance of him, but me, no. I, a girl who had never even heard of One Direction, am standing here, walking hand and hand beside that one blond Irish member of the band whose popularity is growing by the minute. And the kiss; my goodness that was just amazing. It was just so magical and full of fireworks, however cliche that sounds. He is just so amazing, and now I have him. I couldn't help but compare the kiss to Zayn's. Zayn's just felt so empty, free of any sparks or even a tinge of warmth. The feeling was just so different, mostly because I felt nothing when Zayn kissed me. 

I could feel the ever growing smile spread across my face as I looked down at our two pairs of feet, walking beside each other in the cool night air. We had been walking for quite a while, far out of the city. Dark clouds hung overhead, a sign that it would definitely rain tonight. But I didn't care, I just wanted to spend some quality time alone with my boyfriend. It still sounds strange, even saying those two words in my mind; my boyfriend. These two words put together are so new and so foreign to me, I just couldn't stop smiling at the fact that I do indeed have a boyfriend; my boyfriend. The guy who I am ecstatic to call my boyfriend is the one and only, Niall Horan of One Direction. But that title means nothing to me. I don't care that he is a part of an extremely popular boy band, with five extremely hot guys, (ya, I admit that all the guys are hot, but I've only got my eyes on Niall) because all I see, is an extremely gorgeous guy named Niall, also known as my boyfriend to him, Katelyn and I. Niall wanted to wait to tell the guys for some reason, but he was fine with me telling Katelyn, and I made Katelyn promise not to tell the guys, which I'm sure she will break. So now, Niall and I got a chance to get out of the house, and spend some time together. Niall refused to tell me what we were doing, much to my disappointment. I absolutely despise surprises. I just hate the feeling of not knowing how to dress, where were were going, or what we were doing. I absolutely hate it, but Niall seems to find it quite amusing. 

 "What are you smiling about?" Niall questions, jerking me out of my thoughts. A small giggle escaped my lips as I looked up at his amused expression. I shake my head, looking back down to our feet while biting down on my lip as a surely deep red tinge settled on my cheeks. "You know, you're really cute when you blush. Don't look down. Now come on, why were you smiling like that?" he says as he lets go of my hand and wraps an arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him.

I'm sure my cheeks reddened more as I looked up into his smiling face. "Just thinking about how lucky I am." I smiled back at him and lightly rested my head on his shoulder. I felt his soft lips press against my temple and we came to a stop in the middle of the sidewalk. A confused look made its way across my face and I lifted my head from his shoulder and turned to him. "Why did you stop?"

His sparkling blue eyes gazed into mine as a small smile went across his lips. "If anyone here is lucky, it's definitely me. I've got a gorgeous girl beside me, who I can call mine, and only mine." 

A small smile spread across my own lips but slowly faded as I felt a pang of guilt when he said mine and only mine. I mean, it's not like I was Zayn's, and he is definitely not mine, but I just feel like Niall should know about the kiss, but is there even a reason to feel guilty about it? He is the one that kissed me but I did kiss back. I don't even know why I did, maybe I was just still so upset and I felt like Zayn was the only one to comfort me, so I just kissed him. But I have no feelings for Zayn, none at all. I love Niall, and no one else. 

Niall's smile fades as well and he places two fingers beneath my chin and softly tilts it up, forcing me to look back into his melting gaze."You OK?"