Chapter 21 -Rain is Romantic

Niall's P.O.V.

It was about five o'clock when we arrived back home. During the car ride, Harry and Katelyn were talking in hushed tones and I have no idea what they were talking about. Whenever me or Carly would look back to them from the middle row, they would quickly hush up and act as if they hadn't been talking at all. Zayn was in the front seat and he was completely silent the whole ride home. Carly, Liam and I had just talked about pointless things and Louis would join in from the front seat randomly. As we pulled into the driveway, Carly quickly unbuckled and jumped out of the car. She had said she was extremely uncomfortable in her wet clothes and there is no doubt that she is in such a hurry to get out of them. Chuckling, I climbed out of the car and found Carly standing by the front door, bouncing impatiently from one foot to the other.

"Alright alright." I chuckle as I pull my keys out of my pocket. I look back to see if the others were coming but they weren't.

"Come on please just open it! I'm dying here." she pleaded, putting her hands together.

I stare at her for a second and consider messing with her and not opening the door, but decide against it. Her puppy dog eyes were just too much. "Patience, young one." I laugh as I slip the key into the lock. I twist it to the side and open the door. Carly sprints past me and runs into my room. I shake my head as I walk into the kitchen. 

"Oh Niall." someone sings behind me. I turn around to see Louis standing in the doorway to the kitchen, smirking at me. 

"Yes Lou?" I ask, raising my eyebrows as I reach up into a cupboard and grab a glass. Louis walks over to me as I open the fridge and pull out a carton of orange juice. 

"So...whatcha doing tonight?" he asks and I put the carton back into the fridge after pouring some into my glass. 

I close the fridge and lean against it, sipping my orange juice. "Oh just chilling here. What are you going to do tonight?" I say. Louis always talks like this when he's up to something. 

"Oh, nothing." he sings as he leans against the counter, crossing his arms.

I nod. Concluding he was up to something, I decided to try to veer him off track. "So why couldn't Eleanor come skating with us?" I ask.

His grin drops. He shrugs. "Family stuff I guess." he smiles again. "So did you hear the news?"

I raise my eyebrows. "News?"

"Ya. When Liam came in he turned the T.V. on and I guess they said this is going to be the wettest summer in London in over twenty years." he says.

I draw my eyebrows together. "Wet? Wet as in...rain?" he nods, his smirk not leaving his face. What is wrong with this lad? "And you're telling me that because..." 

He rolls his eyes. "Rain is romantic!"

Oh of course. That's what you can always expect from Louis. Always talking about us and girls. "So?" I ask even though I knew full well he was talking about Carly.

He sighs in frustration then places his hands on my shoulders. "So it's perfect for you! You can take Carly out on a date, when you know it will rain. Then it will be just-what?"

He stopped when he saw me shaking my head while biting my lip. "Lou, it's not that easy." 

"Well why not?" he frowns.

"Because I just...I don't want to hurt her. It was hard enough convincing her that it would be OK to live with us but...I just don't want to do that to her. All those girls already said all those things to her. And if she did want to be my girlfriend, which I doubt she would, then she would get all the more hate. I just can't do that to her." I say. I Iook at Louis as I finish up my orange juice and set my glass on the counter.