Chapter 17 -A Scare at the Beach

Katelyn's P.O.V.

We pulled up to a parking lot by the beach and we all scrambled out of the van. I still can't believe I'm with One Direction and now I'm going to the beach with them. I feel like I'm in a dream but this is all so real. Carly and I followed the guys down to the beach a little bit behind them. Niall kept looking back at us. I don't know how Carly doesn't see how much he likes her. 

"You should talk to Zayn." she says as we continue walking and watching the guys joke around with each other. 

"What would I say? I mean I'm only here for a week. After this I could never see him again." I say while watching Zayn jump on Harry's back. 

"What are you talking about? Of course you will see him again. After all, you are best friends with the girl that lives with him." Carly says while watching the guys.

"Ya I guess. Let's just enjoy our time here though. We can talk about it later." I say.

She sighs. "Alright." 

"Come on, you guys we haven't got all day!" Harry yells as we step onto the sand. 

"OK first, we aren't guys." I say as we catch up to them. I walk up to Harry's side and Carly goes over to Niall. 

"And second?" he says as he smiles down at me making me blush. 

"Second-second uhh..." I stutter.

"It's OK, love. I have that effect on a lot of girls." he chuckles as he wraps his arm around my shoulder. 

"Mmmhmm.....sure you do, Harry." I say as I duck my head under his arm, making it fall to his side. 

"Here's a good spot, guys." Niall says as he drops some towels and a chair onto the sand. 

"Yup. Now let's hurry and get this sunblock on so we can get in the water!" Liam cheers. 

We all agree and I pull my top off and grab the sunblock and squeeze some onto my hand. The guys all pull their shirts off and I have to turn so I don't stare. I rub it on my arms and stomach then my face. "Hey Carly, could you put some of this on my back?" I ask Carly as I walk over with the sunblock tube. 

"Yup sure. Then could you do mine?" she asks. I nod and hand her the tube. When she finishes I rub some on her back and we are all done. 

"Gosh guys we haven't got all day." I say as I elbow Harry in the ribs. 

"Umm...OK first we aren't guys." he says in a girly voice. I raise my eyebrows. "Oh umm...OK I guess that doesn't really work, does it?" I just laugh and pat his shoulder before walking over to Carly. 

"I don't know about you guys, but Carly and I are going in the water, so see ya!" I yell before slipping my shorts off and taking Carly's hand. We run into the water and dive under a wave. 

I come up from under the water and gasp. "Gosh it's freezing." I say as I run my hand through my hair and rub my arms. 

"I was just about to say the same thing." she says as she rubs her arms. I open my mouth to reply but see Carly get pulled under.

"Carly!" I yell as I try to see through the sandy waters. She comes up and gasps for air and laughing. 

"What the heck?" I yell. She continues laughing and Niall pops up beside her. 

"Hello, love!" Niall yells. 

"Niall why did you pull me under like that?" she asks between laughs. "I thought you were like a shark or something! You scared me!" she says while hitting his arm.