Chapter 25 - Stay Away From Him

Carly's P.O.V.

"Katelyn you better hurry your lazy butt up or you'll miss your flight!" I sighed running my hands through my hair as I waited for Katelyn to come. I leaned against the opened door watching as the guys all piled into the car. Katelyn was leaving today and me and the guys were all gonna go together to drop her off then go out to dinner afterwords.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" she said in a frantic voice as she ran past me, two suitcases in hand, her hair flying in her face. How, I wondered, could she be in such a crazy state and still look breathtakingly beautiful? I had no idea.

"I'm starting to think you're being so slow to stay with a certain Harry Styles a little longer." I said, a smile on my lips as I watched her fiddle with her hair in the mirror. Harry had started talking to Katelyn a lot after Niall and I started dating. Niall told me Harry likes her but he realized he didn't want to make a move since she's going back to America. However many times I tried to get Katelyn to believe he fancied her, she waved me off, denying it. 'Why would he want to be with a girl like me?' she would ask. Oh, I don't know, maybe because you are nice, funny, and model material? She was so oblivious.

She glanced at me before pulling some lip gloss out of her bag. "No, why would I want to do that?" she winked at me, her tone was laced with sarcasm as she spread the glossy substance across her lips.

My mouth dropped open as I folded my arms over my chest. "Katelyn Kennedy Daily I cannot believe you!" I knew she liked him.

She smiled as she dropped her lip gloss into her bag, and grabbed her suitcases. "Can you blame me?" She walked past me and out the door. "Come on now, I can't be late." she said teasingly as she pulled me out the door, slamming it behind us.

*************************************************************************************************************

"I'm gonna miss you too, Louis. Yes, I promise to Skype you. No, I won't forget about you. Yes, okay."

Katelyn was now saying her goodbyes and I was struggling to compose myself. It hadn't hit me that I wouldn't be seeing my best friend for another two months until now. I smiled as I watched her say bye to Liam and Zayn.

"You okay?" Niall asked from beside me, squeezing my hand in his.

I looked up at him and nodded. "Yeah, I am." I think. I smiled softly and we both turned around to see Harry after he tapped Niall's shoulder.

"Hey I need to hit the loo so if Katelyn needs to board before I come back, tell her I said bye okay?" he said, and sadness was clear in his eyes.

I turned towards him. "What? Harry, this is Katelyn, you need to say bye to her yourself."

Niall spoke too. "Yeah, mate. Don't worry it will be-"

"It's fine alright. She won't care anyhow." he looked over our shoulders and his eyes widened. Then he turned and walked quickly to the restroom not looking back. I knew he didn't need to go to the bathroom, he just doesn't want to say bye to Katelyn. Niall and I exchanged worried glances before turning around to see Katelyn.

Niall let go of my hand as he wrapped his arms around Katelyn in a friendly hug. "I'm gonna miss you, Kate. It's been fun."

She nodded pulling away from the hug. "Yeah, I'll miss you too. Oh, and..." I couldn't hear the rest of what she said since she had leaned closer to him and whispered it. Whatever she had said brought a flush to Niall's cheeks as he stepped back muttering a 'shut up'. She laughed and patted his shoulder. "Take care of my Carly now. If you hurt her you'll be hearing from me."