thirteen » latecomer

THE GIRL STUCK IN HIS HEAD
"i can't focus on anything else than her"

i have a date with romeo friday night and i'm looking forward to it. i just need to tell sadie and the boys.

i still like finn but i loved romeo and the feelings will come back and finn will stay in the past. plus it's only a date so i can still change my mind.

no millie, stay with romeo. finn's part of the past now.

i have second period with sadie so i'll tell her there.

i watch the teacher talk but i can't focus on what he is saying, i can't stop thinking of what romeo told me yesterday.

the bell ring and i go to my next class, i sat next to sadie.

"oh my god millie, i miss peyton sooo much. i can't believe he's sick and i'm not taking care of him." she complain.

"why aren't you going to his house?" i ask, sadie don't care about skipping school.

"because there is rules duh. i'm not his girlfriend yet." the redhead explain.

"you're so childish." i chuckle.

"uh no i don't think so. no child would never think that types of things, you learn it with the age." she say smartly.

"you're sixteen!" i giggle.

"shut up!" she spoke, dragging the u.

the teacher start her lesson but i'm not listening, finn's late.

times passes and he's still not here. what if something happened to him?

i hear two knock on the door, finally.

the teacher opens and finn come in, looking handsome as usual but it still make my heart flinch. he's smiling a lot.
he look really cute.

"care to explain why you're late?" ask the teacher.

"i was occupied." finn smile.

"i heard you already was late yesterday so i have to send you to the principal office."

finn sigh.

"millie, since you aren't listening to a word i've been saying why don't you accompany mister wolfhard?" orders my professor.

no way, why me? of course it couldn't be someone else.

i get up and put my skirt down a little before joining finn, sadie wink at me, oh god.

we get out and awkwardness fill the silence my heart can't seem to satisfy with words.

"you look gorgeous." finn state.

i feel my cheeks grow red and i fight my desire to smile.

"you look hotter everyday. i don't regret coming to this school at all because i can see your pretty face every days now."

did finn just call me hot? it's weird but i liked it.

a small smile make his way on my face but i say nothing.

we arrive in front of the principal office and i stay there awkwardly waiting for the boy to come in. after maybe a minute he finally take the handle but don't open the door right after. he look at me, his eyes in mine and my heart is beating out of my chest because of the teenager's stare.

"will you wait for me?" he ask, not breaking his gaze.

i nod quickly and go sit in one of the chair in front of the office. he chuckle and enter.

why would he want me to wait for him?

as i wait i keep thinking about finn. i know i have a date with romeo but every times i'm with finn my stomach erupt with butterflies and i have to contain my smile. i'm lost in my feelings.

"ready to go cutie?" ask finn, handing me his hand.

i didn't even realized he was out. i take his hand and he help me getting up.

"what happened in here?" i ask, he don't let go of my hand.

"he asked me why i was always so late and i answered him that i have a girl stuck in my head and that i can't focus on anything else than her." he explain, like if it was not a big deal but i feel his hand shaking in mine.

"and... what he answered?" i interrogate him before putting my hand out of his grip.

"he just chuckled and told me to go." he answer.

"oh..."

i want to ask him who the girl is even if i already know, just to hear him say it; but i don't.
i enjoy his company the rest of he walk, we're not talking or anything but i feel like it's better because my stomach is already going crazy.

to soon for my pleasure we arrive in front of the classroom.

"do you want to skip?" ask finn.

"no, i can't." i answer, our eyes meeting.

"and why that?" he demand.

"because first i'll have detention and-"

"and you don't want anything to do with me isn't it?" the seductive boy asks, stepping closer.

"yeah, that." i say before entering the classroom. i know if i stayed i would have end up doing things i shouldn't.

i go sit at my desk as finn follow me, changing his mind about skipping.

"soo millie, how was your little talk with the new boy?" ask sadie, wiggling her eyebrows.

"shut up sadie." i cuss.

"it was great, she's a cutie." answer the young man while sitting behind us. i look at him dead in the eyes and sadie smile big at me before mouthing "he's flirting with you" as what i mouth back "no shit" annoyingly.

ten minutes later sadie approach my ear before whispering "hey i know you don't like talking about this but i would love to see you with finn, he look like a great guy unlike romeo."

"and can i know why romeo isn't a great guy?" i ask, clearly pissed off.

"because romeo's a dick and i swear if you ever try to get him back i'll kill you." she answer coldly before sitting back in her chair.

she can't control my life.

at lunch i wanted to tell my friends for my date but i can't because sadie will be mad, she's so annoying. we were laughing and all but i kept thinking about romeo and about how much i would love to go see him right now but i know i can't because we're not official.

"guys i have to leave peyton want to see me!" smile sadie before shutting her phone off and leaving.

"byee" we answer.

i wait for her to be far away before explaining everything to the boys.

"guys i have something to tell you but promise me not to tell sadie." i start.

"yeah of course we won't, right babe?" ask gaten.

"yeah sure." answer caleb.

"i have a date with romeo friday and sadie will not agree with it."

"you can't be serious." sight gaten.

"millie... romeo, he's not good." state caleb.

"yes he is! and he love me." i shout.

"and you love him?" ask gaten, scared of my response.

"yes." i lie before leaving dramatically.

——————————
this was a shitty chapter i'm sorry i'm really not proud of it and it's totally a filler chapter i'm such a disappointment.

-jeanne