three » cutie?

STARBUCKS BOY
"what if you're a spy??"

"MILLIE!! YOU'RE BACK"

i turn around to see my best friend gaten screaming in the corridor.

"yeaah, i'm sorry gate." i apologize.

"don't be, i totally understand that you needed time to think."

"thanks, you're the best"

"i know but one things bother me..." he tell me, almost in a whisper.

"what?" i ask, feeling guilty.

"you weren't feeling well and i wasn't here to give you my legendar..."
he pause and take me in his arms.
"BEAR HUG!!"

he start to raise me up and to shake me while squeezing me real tight.

"oh my god gaten!! stop!!" i laugh.

he then puts me on the ground and my laughter stop.

"do you feel any better now?" he ask me.

"yeah thanks gaten" i chuckle, giving him a look that say: "you're stupid".

"anyway, let's go to class now"

"how can you become so serious again so quickly?" i point him out.

"i don't know. come onnn! i don't wanna be late!"

we start heading to class talking about nonsense; well, until gaten decides to talk about caleb. he talk about him whenever he find a moment, i remember caleb's first day here.

"class, i would like to introduce a new student. caleb come here" m.wheeler tell us.
a boy come next to him. he wear only nike clothes, he must be really rich.
"hi, i'm caleb mclaughlin i just moved from new york and i love to play basketball." he look very confident.
i look at gaten, who is sitting next to me. his eyes are wide and his mouth hang open. i smirk at the sight.
"something else you want to say?" ask m.weelher.
"oh yeah, by the way, i'm gay." caleb state.
gaten start squeezing my forearm really tight, his eyes not leaving the chocolate skinned boy.
"look like little gaten here have a crush." i tell him.
"oh my god shut up" he whisper-yell still staring at the new student.
"i did not expect that but ok, i guess. why don't you go sit next to peyton in the back of the class?" say m.wheeler
when caleb walks past gaten he notices the boy's gaze and winks at him.

i remember gaten smiling all day long after this. i love how they always support each others and, even if gaten won't admit it, the way they look at each others is full of love and care and whenever they are in the same place the others don't exist anymore.
i used to have this person who looked at me like if i was the only girl on earth.

"we're here millie, have you even listened to me?" gaten ask.

"yeah i'm sorry, you guys are cute. now let's go in." i apologize.

the class was half-empty. i sat next to gaten in the back. students start feeling the class. my best friend still talking about his boyfriend.

"millie, he just came in." he warn me.

"thanks gate, but i'll be ok"

"we both know you will not be." he state.

i sight, and look at my feet under the table not wanting to see him.

the class wasn't as bad as i thought it would be. i haven't looked at him, well, gaten did not let me look at him.
we go to lunch, where sadie and caleb where waiting for us. sadie hugged me and asked me almost fifty times if i was ok. then some student came to us.