Chapter 32: 0-8-4

Having already lost him once and not willing to do so again when we needed answers, I soon find myself standing on my feet and hastily dropping the correct amount of money for Izzy to collect on the table before then rushing out after Thor, Jane right beside me. As I push past the diner door the bell hanging down from it rings out, and does so again moments after my feet had hit the flat pavement, informing me that Darcy and Erik were right behind us as well.

I hug my jacket closer to my body as a cool breeze creates small goosebumps along my skin as I stand on the side of the road, my head whipping back and forth as my eyes dart from face to face of the people passing by, searching for the familiar sight of Thor's. Remembering the way that Thor had taken sudden interest in the conversation about the satellite when Jake had mentioned both how heavy it was and where it had crashed, I turn to face West, thinking it to be the direction that he most likely would walk in. West happened to down the main street, where there was the grocery store, the furniture store and the gas station among other buildings, with many people streaming through the open doors, both individually and in small groups. I rise to the tips of my toes for a better view of the crowd, my eyes searching for Thor's tall frame and shoulder-length blonde hair, while my mind tried to remember what jacket he had been wearing when he had left the diner-

There! My eyes immediately fall on the brown jacket that clung to Thor's muscular body, instantly recognizing it as the jacket that Erik had leant to Thor earlier in the day when Jane had discovered that she had had none of Donald's left. And it was definitely Thor who too my surprise was striding right down the middle of the road, either completely oblivious to the drivers behind the wheels of the car who had to slam on the brakes to avoid from crashing into him, or simply uncaring.

"Oh thank God," I hear Jane mutter from beside me, clearly relieved at the sight of Thor halfway down the street. And sure enough when I turn around to face her, a warm and relieved smile had formed on her face, her lips pulled back to show her white teeth. I soon find however that the smile fades at the sudden and loud sound of multiple cars honking down the street where Thor was, followed by an angry, "Get out of the way, dumbass!"

I immediately turn my attention back to Thor at the angry cry where I am met with the sight of an annoyed driver leaning out the window of his expensive looking car glaring at Thor who didn't seem to notice. Instead he glanced up at the sun above him for reasons that I didn't know, a smile working it's way onto his face before then taking off once again down the middle of the road, not noticing the angry driver flipping him off as he went.

Noting how he was still walking on the road rather than the footpath and not wanting to watch him get hit or almost get hit by a car, I start to jog down the street towards him, picking up my pace slightly when he picks up his. I dodge past the many people that shoot me curious expressions as I rush past them, not bothering to look back and explain myself to them. All I currently cared about was catching up to Thor and finding out where exactly it was that he was going, and why he was suddenly interested in a satellite crash. 

He doesn't hear the others and I rushing towards him, despite the fact that our footsteps rung out loud and fast against the asphalt ground. He does turn around however at the sound of Jane calling out as we ran towards him, "Where are you going?"

He turns at the sound of her voice without breaking out of stride and only offers her a brief smile before then facing forward once again as we reach him, Jane and I slowing down to a walking pace to fall in step beside him, the two of us flanking him. "Fifty miles West from here," he answers Jane determinedly, confirming my earlier suspicion of where it was that he had been heading in. He then adds on, as Jane demands why it was that he was heading in this direction, "To get what belongs from me."