Chapter 60: The Return of Thor

"You're ruthless."

"Tony."

"I mean, you literally showed him no mercy."

"Tony."

"I'm seriously surprised that he's able to sit down right now."

"Tony."

"You got him so bad."

"Oh for the love of God!" I exclaim loudly, which causes both the billionaire and soldier standing on either side of me to jump with fright. Not bothering to apologise to them, I only continue speaking to Tony beside me, "Seriously. You've done nothing but ramble on and on ever since we left Stuttgart. I'm surprised that you haven't lost your voice yet."

"And what a tragedy that would be," He replies, his words causing me to lightly roll my eyes and for Steve's face to twist into a look of annoyance. If Tony notices this though then he doesn't say it, as he only adds, "But seriously. You just kicked the literal God of Mischief right where it hurts. I don't know whether to be proud or terrified. I'm actually kind of both."

I shake my head, but I can't fight the grin that spreads across my face at this. After we had quickly loaded both Loki and ourselves on the quinjet, Nat had taken off once more, flying us back to the Hellicarier where an anxious and impatient Fury was waiting for us. He was as desperate to question Loki as Nat and I were, but considering the fact that Loki had remained silent even when we had tried to coax him into talking, then I didn't think that he would be any more willing to talk to Fury.

But even though he had sat quietly in the corner of the jet, the small space had been filled with the constant and slightly frustrating rambling of none other than Tony, who had agreed to fly back with us on the jet rather than flying back in his suit. Half the time I hadn't even been listening to him, my mind unintentionally drifting off into other thoughts of my still missing uncle and the fight that Steve and I had had with Loki at Stuttgart. But every time I did choose to listen to what it was that he was saying, he happened to always be talking about what I had done to Loki after he had turned himself over.

"Yes. I get it. I kicked him in the balls, he got hurt because of it, and now we can all move on. What's important here is that we got him."

"Which I don't like," Steve says quietly as if he didn't want the God to hear what we were saying. For the entire flight he had been just as silent as Loki, staring pensively at the aircraft floor and barely saying a word to either Tony or I. We hadn't spoken to him either, allowing him to get lost in his own thoughts but it appears now that after all this time, he was finally ready to reveal them.

But I can't help but raise a sceptical brow at his words, not quite believing what he was saying. "So you're saying that you're not happy about the fact that we caught the guy who stole a highly powerful and dangerous weapon?"

"I never said I wasn't happy about it. I just don't like the fact that he turned himself over as easily as he did," Steve corrects, his words now also grabbing the attention of Tony beside me. His suit clanked and whirred as he turned to face the soldier, the only part missing from it is the helmet, which was placed on one of the seats behind us.

"You're surprised Rock of Ages gave up? Sorry, but did you see the number of mini-missiles I aimed at him?" He says.

"I just don't remember it ever being that easy," Steve elaborates, and I find a part of myself agreeing with him. After the fight that Loki had given both Steve and me, I had found it surprising when he had surrended so quickly to us when Tony had shown up. Tony and his suit could be intimidating, but I didn't think he could that much so. Not to some powerful, God-like being like Loki. And I didn't think that he had given up easily because he thought that he was outnumbered: he had been able to take both Steve and me on as easy as breathing. So Steve was right: there was possibly a chance that Loki was playing us right now.