Chapter 12

Quinn's point of view

The alarm clock ringed next to me on my nightstand. Reaching over with my left hand, I slapped the top of it to turn it off and opened my eyes to check what time it was. Damn. Only 6:30? I grumbled and turned over and realized why I set an alarm for so early.

My beautiful mate was spread across over half of the bed and I was barely hanging off the edge. Today was her first day in school to finish out her senior year.

I sat up and stretched. Then the door opened, revealing Alec with a tray of food. "Rise and shine, lovely. Time for school!" He chimed happily. "How are you so happy at this time in the morning?" I questioned him. "Because." He snapped. "And plus, Mordecai wanted me to go with her. So "her brother doesn't take her back." Like he knows she's going to a school. And I won't be much of use." He huffed as he set the tray down on the table and skipped over to Isabella's side.

"Come on Iz. Wakey wakey. I brought you some eggs and bacy." He cooed and shook her. She groaned and lazily tried to slap him. "I don't need a human alarm clock." She mumbled as she sat up. Alec pat the top of her head. "Good thing I am a werewolf alarm. But, I'll be here when you want one. I brought you some food. And here." He gave her a bag that I didn't see in his hands before. "Ryan made these for you. Asked me if I could bring them over here." He told her and handed her the bag. She mumbled a thanks.

He gave me a look before walking to the door. "Oh and I'm tagging along to your schooling, frizzy izzy." He told her. I looked over at Isabella and she was tensed and giving Alec an evil look. "Babe?" I asked and tried to set a hand on her shoulder but she winced away from me.

"Alec," she started with a shaky voice. "Where did you hear that? Tell me!" She snapped. Alec jumped back from the sudden harsh tone in her voice but shrugged. "Just thought of it. I'm sorry." He said. "Well don't call me that!" She growled at him. He gave her a confused look but she just threw a pillow at him. "Out! Out now!" She screamed.

He yelped and dodged the pillow and ran out of the door. I looked at her. I was about to ask what just happened but she just sat there crying. "Is-" "DON'T EVEN START!" She cried. I grabbed her and held her in my arms.

"What's wrong?" I asked after she calmed down a bit. She shrugged and avoided my eyes. "Isabella. What is wrong?" I asked again, catching her chin with my finger to pull up her face to mine, our lips barely brushing together. She looked down, but didn't move her face away from mine. "My brother calls... called... me that. I freaked..." She mumbled before finally pulling her face away from mine.

I pouted and hugged her. "It's okay, Isabella. I'm sorry this is happening. Just.. maybe.. I don't know. I'm not good at comforting. I'm sorry." I rambled but eventually gave up and sighed. I wasn't helping with her discomfort or pain any and I knew it. Even if she hasn't said anything.

"Quinn? What if I don't want to go to school? What if I just want to crawl into a hole and stay there for the rest of my miserable life?" She asked me and looked back up at me. I shook my head no. "I don't want you to crawl into a hole and stay there for the rest of your life. I want you to stay here with me." I pout, trying to get her to laugh or even crack a smile. But nothing. No small tug of her lips, no chuckle, no giggle, no happy face. No nothing. Just sadness and pain written all over her beautiful face.

I sighed and gave up. "Well I'm sorry. But no hole crawling and yes you have to go to school." I told her and sat up but she pulled me back onto the bed. "I don't want to go. I don't want to get up. I want to stay in this warm bed with you and you can't stop me from doing so, Mr. Quinton." She said.

I huffed. "What did I say about my full name?" I asked. She rolled her eyes. "I like it though." She pouted. "But I said I don't like it when people call me Quinton. It's Quinn." I said and sat up again. She sighed and sat up too. "Fine. I'll get dressed then." She said, got up and grabbed clothes