Twenty-Two

Twenty-Two

"Mavulis Island?" My eyes lit up in excitement.

"Yeah," Harry smiled a little then he soothened the creases on the map that was laid before us. "It kinda excites me, going to the extreme points of the archipelago."

"So you've been to Palawan too?"

I grab the cup of latte sitting on the table and took a sip on it. Napagkasunduan naming dalawa ni Harry na magkita sa Karlo's. To my surprise, one of Karlo's son, Ronald, was taking over the cafe. Wala daw ang papa niya dahil may sakit. Medyo nalungkot ako sa narinig because it had been a while since I last visited this cafe due to unexpected circumstances that seems to be messing up with my life.

"Yep," He said, popping the 'p'. "It's my goal. Visit all these places."

Tiningnan ko ulit ang mapa. May mga red marks ang mga extreme points ng Pilipinas. Ito siguro ang mga napuntahan na niya. It includes the Northernmost point that is Mavulis Island in Batanes, Southernmost point to Frances Reef, Sitangkai, Tawi-Tawi, Easternmost point that is in Pusan Point, Caraga, Davao Oriental and the Westernmost point in Ligas Point, Balabac, Palawan.

"Cool," I muttered. "How about the cities? Have you been there?"

"Yeah, I was there actually. I've been to Laoag in Ilocos Norte, Bislig in Surigao Del Sur, and Puerto Princesa. Ang General Santos City nalang ang hindi ko nabibisita." He trailed off and caught my eyes. "So," He leaned back into his chair and wiggled both of his eyebrows. "Are you in?"

I think for a while. Wala namang mawawala sa akin kung sasama ako kay Harry. I've always been a sucker for adventures and road trips. Isa din sa pinagkakaabalahan naming dalawa ni Jeremy ang pagro-roadtrip but these past couple of weeks, halos hindi na nga ako makasakay sa sasakyan niya.

My fault, I know.

But the excitement that is running throughout my veins are threatening to burst. How would it be like to be on the extreme points of this archipelago. I expect to see the Pacific Ocean and endless horizons and quiet villages if I go with him.

A small smile curled in my lips. "Sure."

"Great." He smiled back and start discussing on our plan. Naabutan na naman kami ng gabi sa Karlo's. He even offered me a ride dahil dala niya ang kotse ng ate niya but I refused to. I feel like walking that night. Jeremy had been texting me non-stop but I couldn't find the words to say. Hindi ko pa alam ang sasabihin ko sa kanya so I didn't texted him back as of the moment.

"Are you sure?" He pressed one last time. He was headed to his car right now.

"Sure." I nodded my head and tightened my grip on the straps of my backpack. "Atsaka, malapit lang naman ang bahay namin dito eh. I can manage, Harry. Thanks."

"Okay. See you." I waved his hands before he started walking lazily towards the vehicle waiting for him. Hinintay ko na makaalis ang sasakyan niya bago ako magsimulang maglakad. I was lost in my thoughts when someone grabbed my arms. I yelped in surprise.

"Mary Grace." Jeremy hissed.

"J-Jeremy..." I stammered. His grip tightened, his nails were digging on my skin. He also reeked of alcohol. Iniwas ko ang mukha ko sa kanya.

"You've been avoiding me for days..." Then he glanced at the direction where Harry's car had just left. "I need we need to fucking talk."

Wala kaming imik dalawa ni Jeremy hanggang sa makarating kami sa apartment niya. I was surprised when I opened the door and a guy who was only wearing his boxers was sitting comfortably on the sofa. It was John Will. I shoot Jeremy a questioning look.