Thirty-Nine

Thirty-Nine

After the little stunt Jeremy pulled last week, mas lalo pang naging mahigpit sa akin si Dad. Mom admitted that she let me out and gave my phone back. When Dad asked for the phone, I told him it was already broken but he did not believe me. I'm glad he did not even rummage through my room to look for the non-existing phone. He just gave me a disappointed look which made me feel even worse.

Days passed by slowly. My mother tried cheering me up by dragging me to shopping malls and eating in various restaurants. I couldn't put Harry off my mind. I am aching to see him again. I wish I could tell my Mom about it. The last thing that I wanted to see is her look of disapproval when I confessed how much I am falling for my sister's boyfriend.

"I'll tell you what," She said in a sing-sang voice. I tried not to heave a sigh. She's up to something again in an attempt to lift my spirits up. "I'll buy you a new phone kung nawala mo talaga ang luma mong cellphone,"

I suddenly perked up. A new phone! Pwede ko nang ma-contact si Harry. I still have his number written on one of my doodle books.

My mom looked at me, pleased with herself and her brilliant idea. "C'mon, let's see what they have here," She suddenly stopped which made me halt before crashing to her back. "Oh, before I forget. Make sure that you don't mention this to your father, okay?"

I nodded my head.

"Wonderful. Now let's get going,"

No sooner than we arrived home I immediately went upstairs. I rummage through my cabinet, drawers, and desk but ended up frustrated because I couldn't find what I was looking for.

Then a thought suddenly hit me.

"Shit," I muttered as I sank into my bed, shoulders slugged in disappointment. That damn doodle book. Naiwan ko sa traveler's inn before Harry and I descended to Angeles City. I groaned.

It's been three weeks since I last saw him. My tongue still linger on my lips, aching for his hot mouth. I also felt bad about what happened to Jeremy. I mean, we were together for a long time and yet, all I could think about is Harry who swept me off my feet and left me longing for his presence like a crazy.

After I joined my parents for a dinner downstairs, bumalik kaagad ako sa kwarto ko. I tried to distract myself by reading a book. I was too engulfed by John Green's words that I didn't noticed the clock ticked by so fast. Mag-aalas dos na ng umaga.

I pulled myself up and went to the bathroom. I washed my face and brushed my teeth. I also changed into a pair of pajama's two times bigger than my size with Bugs Bunny's face printed everywhere.

I eyed the brand new phone with hatred. It's useless. The frustration seeped back into my skin again. Just when I was about to head to bed, I thought someone called my name. The voice is deep, echoing and half-whispering half-shouting, if there's something just like that. Or if it makes sense in the first place.

Nakinig ulit ako nang mabuti. I hurried to the window and open it. A little stone flew straight to my face that made me curse. But when I looked down, my heart leaped inside of my chest. There was Harry, standing above the hood of his sister's car and was about to throw another stone to my face.

His hands freeze mid-air. "Mary Grace!" He said in such delight.

I grin so wide it hurt my face. "Harry," I whispered to myself and mouthed at him.

He dropped the stone and motioned for me to come down. "Come here," He said.

I raised my index finger. "Just a sec," Then I raced back into my room. I checked myself on the mirror, making sure I still look a normal teenage girl before I grab my phone and climbed out of the window.