Twenty-Eight

Twenty-Eight

"Grand Ida!" I leaped out of the truck, my heart hammering in joy. The old lady smiled warmly at me as she pulled me into a tight hug. "I missed you so much!" I murmured, burying my face and inhaling her familiar vanilla scent.

"Well, I missed you too, dear." She tapped my back. Nang kumalas ako sa kanya ay malaki na ang ngisi ko sa mukha. "How are you?"

"Swell!" I giggled. "I'm going to graduate this school year. I can't wait to be back here!"

She smiled at me again. "Nilo hired a new waitress but it's nothing like you." Then she looked over my shoulder where Harry is just climbing out of the wrangler jeep. She smiled at him in acknowledgement. "I'm glad to see the two of you together again."

My cheeks flushed. "Well..."

"Why don't you come to my house and have a tea, first?" she said, already turning on her back and walking on her cane. "I prepared something for you."

"That'd be great!" hinintay ko muna si Harry na makalapit sa akin bago kami sumunod dalawa sa bahay ni Grand Ida.

After a hearty meal with her together with Nilo and Jason, bumalik ako sa dati kong kwarto kung saan ako natutulog noon. To my disappointment, a tourist had already booked the room. Sumilip lamang ako at naglakad-lakad na kaming dalawa ni Harry sa resort.

"Gusto mong maligo tayo ng dagat?" I suggested, grinning widely.

"Yeah, sure." He smiled down at me. We traced the old route towards the shore, avoiding twigs and branches every now and then. When the sea finally came into view, my heart swelled in happiness.

Lifting my dress off, I excitedly dug my toes in the sand. I had my bathing suit under my sundress. I glanced at Harry in excitement. He's throwing his shirt over his shoulder.

Over the past few years, Harry had gotten bigger. His shoulders are broader and the muscles on his back strained tightly every time he moves. I smiled at him when I met his eyes. He's mine. I thought inside of my head.

Harry joined me into the cold water soon after. We acted like kids, splashing water against each other. Mabuti nalang at hindi kalakasan ang alon ngayon.

"Do you still remember the first time you went here?" I asked him while floating in the water. Harry waded towards my direction and grabbed my waist.

"Yeah. It was one heck of a ride." He chuckled. We rented the old wrangler jeep in Davao instead of taking the bus dahil marami akong gusting hintuan na mga tanawin papunta dito sa Parola.

I smiled cheekily at him. Harry was so busy with the new branch these past few months we barely have time to see each other. After everything that had happened between the two of us, I just can't let go of this man, I thought as I gaze into his warm dark eyes.

Wrapping my arms around his neck, I pulled him into a kiss. Harry smiled against my lips before pulling me closer, hungrily covering my mouth. I missed him so much.

I closed my eyes as fire rose up inside of me. Harry's hands snaked towards my waist. He started tracing the strings of my pale orange bikini when a huge wave slapped the two of us as if to shoo us away.

Nagtawanan kaming dalawa ni Harry.

"I'm tired. Umahon na tayo." wika ko.

"Sure." Harry guided me out of the water. Kinuha ko ang dress na suot ko kanina at inilapag ito upang upuan sa pino at maputing buhangin. Grand Ida will soon send someone to look for us para mag-dinner mamayang gabi.