Thirty-Eight

Thirty-Eight

Inihatid ako ni Harry pauwi gamit ang sasakyan ng kanyang ate. Clarisse insisted of coming with us, but Mang Ben did not let her to. I felt bad when she started crying as soon as we left.

While driving, Harry keep on glancing at me.

"Stop that," I said to him.

He chuckled. "Stop what?"

"You keep on glancing at me and seriously, it's starting to freak me out." I admitted. I know for a fact that I look less human right now with dirty clothes, messy hair, and red puffy eyes. I don't want Harry to keep looking at me and realize that he had been kissing a monster instead of an 18-year old teenage girl.

Tumawa siya sa sinabi ko. "Sorry, I can't help it."

Kinurot ko ang tagiliran niya. He immediately place his lips ony my forehead the moment I leaned closer to him that made me smile from the inside. This guy and his stolen kisses.

I told Harry to stop a few blocks away from our house. Baka mamaya ay nag-aabang na sa akin si Mommy sa labas. When the engine died down, his hands remained on the steering wheel. Pareho lang kaming nakatitig sa bahay ko a few blocks away. Parehong ayaw bumaba ng sasakyan.

"Well..." Harry said, turning towards me as he searched for my eyes in the dim light. He did not need to say it. I leaned forward and pressed my lips to him. He pulled me closer as he buried his fingers on my hair. He kissed passionately I could have cried myself out. We were both gasping for breath when we pulled away. "I wish I don't have to return you home and have you for myself in the house so that I can kiss you anytime I want." He murmured on my lips.

I smiled, gently pushing him away. "You're such a hopeless romantic,"

He leaned back and chuckled. "Yeah," For a moment, gusto kong tanungin sa kanya kung ganito din ba siya sa ate ko. But I decided to keep my mouth shut. Pati si Harry din naman ay walang binabanggit tungkol kay Ate Annie ever since he confessed and we started kissing each other and acted more than friends.

"When will I see you again?" He asked softly.

I shook my head sadly. "Hindi ko rin alam,"

"Man, I'm missing you so much." Isinandal niya ang ulo sa headrest at pumikit.

I leaned closer to him and gave nibble kisses on his well-defined jaw. "Maybe when I can sneak out again," I winked.

He kissed my forehead and nodded. "Well, I'm looking forward to that."

"Okay," I nodded my head as well. "Goodnight, Harry."

"Goodnight," He smiled as I climbed out of the car. I race to our house without looking back because I know I wouldn't be able to stop myself from running back to him and escaping again. The house is eerily silent. I couldn't wipe off the smile from my face it must've shocked my mother because her eyes widen.

"Where have you been?" She asked, eyeing my suspiciously.

I shook my head, smiling slightly. It didn't even occur to me that I was mad at her earlier. "Sa kaibigan ko lang,"

Sinundan lang ako ni Mommy ng tingin hanggang sa makaakyat ako sa kwarto ko. I even spotted her shake her head before turning back to cooking. I washed up, put on some fresh clothes, and ever since Dad grounded me on the house, I joined them for dinner for the first time. Dad seemed surprised though, but he did not say anything. I just ate silently and volunteered to do the dishes as both my parents looked at me as if I'd grown another head.