Chapter 22 Wedding Bells

"So when do you want to tell your parents about the engagement?" Jack asked.

"I can tell them at dinner, I want to be here when Onyx, Orion and Aquila get here." I answered.

"Very well." Jack said, and a few moments later I heard voices coming from behind us. I turn around and the villagers are seeing their new houses.

"This is incredible." Onyx said softly. " I can't believe this is ours." Onyx said amazed.

"Do you like it?" I asked.

"Of course! This is better than I ever could have imagined." Onyx exclaimed.

"Which house is ours?" Aquila asked.

"You can choose whichever one you want." I told her.

"Really! I like that one." She said pointing to one with a circle window above the door.

"I like that one too." Onyx agreed.

"Well we will let you get settled in, and enjoy your freedom." I said.

"You don't know how much we appreciate what you have done for us, thank you princess." Onyx said grabbing my hands.

"Your welcome." I smiled.

"Wait, were you always wearing that ring?" Onyx asked.

"Um no I actually just got it." I said.

"It's beautiful, who gave it to you?" Onyx asked.

"Jack." I smiled.

"It's something, any special occasion?" Onyx said looking at it more closely.

"Actually yes, I gave it to Echo because she agreed to marry me." Jack said and Onyx paused for a moment, I thought she stopped breathing then she screamed and smiled and started jumping up and down.

"Wow! Congrats princess!" Onyx said excited.

"Nice job." Orion said to Jack.

"Thanks, I hope whatever went between us is in the past." Jack said.

"Ya were good." Orion said smiling.

"Congratulations princess and thank you." A woman said walking past us.

"Thank you and your welcome." I smiled.

"Well I'm sure you have lots to do to move in so we will leave you too it." I said.

"Of course, I'm sure we have told you a hundred times but thank you." Onyx said.

"It is my pleasure, I'll drop by soon." I said turning to leave.

"Ok good bye." Onyx waved. Jack and I make it back to the palace, and we take a short cut through the garden when we hear voices. We fly past some buses to find Lavender and Cole sitting on a bench quite close to one another.

"Lavender." I said and both Cole and Lavender jumped.

"Oh Echo you scared me." Lavender said fluttering her wings.

"Sorry but I have something to tell you." I apologized.

"What is it?" She asked walking over to me.

"Jack asked me to marry him." I said holding out my hand showing her my ring.

"Yes!" Lavender screamed grabbing me and jumping up and down.

"Congrats bro." Cole said shaking Jack's hand.

"Thanks." Jack said.

"Oh I'm so happy for you, it's about time." Lavender said looking over at Jack.