THE PARADOXES OF TIME TRAVEL

By Khal Drogo

There is nothing in Einstein's theory of relativity to rule out time travel, although the main idea of time travelling destroys the the most fundamental assumption of physics. Throughout the years the study of time travel leads to discrepancies and a number of oppositions nevertheless, these paradoxes gave both scientists and movie enthusiasts a sleepless nights.

The Temporal Paradox is divided into two broad categories:

First, The Closed Causal Loop it is a self-existing time loop in which cause and effects happen in repetition but is consistent with the time's history. Second, the Consistency Paradox gives a numerous inconsistencies in the time's history for the reason of changing the past.

______________________________

Here are the lists of some of the well-known Temporal Paradox or the Paradox of time:

PREDESTINATION PARADOX
- This Paradox happens when the person travelling past in time becomes part of the history. This may possibly result to stop the expected event to take place. This results in a 'temporal causality loop' in which the first event in the past influences the second event in the future (time travel to the past) which then causes Event 1 to occur, with this circular loop of events ensuring that history is not altered by the time traveler, and that any attempts to stop something from happening in the past will simply lead to the cause itself, instead of stopping it.

This paradox suggests that things are always destined to turn out the same way, and that whatever has happened must happen. Example, Imagine yung nasagasaan yung jowa mo at na hit-and-run at travel back to the past ka para mailigtas mo buhay niya ngunit sa pagmamadali mo you accidentally hit him. Sinubukan mong baguhin ang nakaraan ngunit nag result ito into Predestination Paradox.

One way of dealing with this type of paradox is to assume that the version of events you have experienced are already built into a self-consistent version of reality, at ang pagsubok niyong baguhin ang nakaraan ay nahantong sa pagfu-fulfill ng role niyo in creating an event in history, not altering it.
______________________________
BOOTSTRAP PARADOX
- A Bootstrap Paradox is a type of paradox in which an object, person, or piece of information sent back in time results in an infinite loop where the object has no discernible origin, and exists without ever being created. Example, a person could be, say, a 20 year old male time traveler who goes back 21 years, tapos he meet that woman, has an affair, at bumalik sa kasalukuyan three months later without knowing the woman was pregnant.

Her child grows up to be the 20 year old time traveler, who travels back 21 years through time, nakakilala ng babae, and so on. ______________________________
GRANDFATHER PARADOX
- This time paradox gives rise to a 'self-inconsistent solution', because if you traveled to the past and killed your grandfather, you would never have been born and would not have been able to travel to the past- a paradox. Ito bigyan ng ng example.

Sabihin nating gusto mong burahin sa mundong ito ang lolo mo dahil sa kasamaang isinaboy niya sa mundo and you figure that if you kill him before your grandfather meets your lola then the whole family line will disappear but sadly, kasali ka pala dun. Hahaha at maari ring makabalik ka sa present pero everything about you has been erased, including your family, friends, home, possessions, bank account, and history.

You've entered a timeline where you never existed. Scientists entertain the possibility that you have now created an alternate timeline or entered a parallel universe.
______________________________
LET'S KILL HITLER PARADOX
- Magkasing katulad lang ito sa Grandfather Paradox which paradoxically prevents your own birth, the Killing Hitler paradox erases your own reason for going back in time to kill him. Killing Hitler would have far-reaching consequences for everyone in the world, even if only for the fact you studied him in school.

The paradox itself arises from the idea that if you were successful, then walang rason upang mag time travel ka in the first place, dahil kung pinatay mo si hitler then wala kahit ano mang actions ni hitler na maging parte ng history at ang cause to make the attempt.
______________________________
POLCHINSKI'S PARADOX
- Napaka complex ng Paradox nato na kahit mga physicist mahigpit itong pinag-aaralan. American theoretical physicist Joseph Polchinski proposed a time paradox scenario in which a billiard ball enters a wormhole, and emerges out the other end in the past just in time to collide with its younger version and stop it going into the wormhole in the first place.

Polchinski's paradox is taken seriously by physicists, as there is nothing in Einstein's General Relativity to rule out the possibility of time travel. This Paradox is related to the 'timeline-protection hypothesis' which states that a probability distortion would occur in order to prevent a paradox from happening.

This also helps explain why if you tried to time travel and murder your grandfather, may mangyayari ng isang bagay that will make that impossible, thus preserving a consistent version of history.
______________________________

Maraming Paradox pa ang nakapalibot sa mundo ng siyensya pati narin ang misteryo kaya kung may plano kang wasakin ang paghahari ng lolo mo ngayun ay naku! Wag mo nang gawin hahaha baka pagbalik mo wala kanang register sa NSO hahaha.