The Minor Gods Series: Asclepius

By Apollo

This series is obviously not Deep Web related. But aims to educate and give knowledge to all available and open minded audiences. No hate, just me.

So, Heeeey! Let's start this series with my son, Asclepius!

(Sheez I missed this kind of article. Hahahaha)

Madalas nyo siyang makita sa mga ospital. Minsan kasama siya, and minsan yung staff lang niya. And yes, lagi siyang napagkakamalan na si Hermes and yung staff ni Hermes na si Caduceus. All you need to remember is that ang staff ni Asclepius ay may isang ahas lang. Yung kay Hermes ay may dalawang ahas at isang set ng pakpak na nagsisymbolize sa commerce. As what Hermes symbolizes.

It all started when I fell in love with Coronis. Nabuntis ko siya. Pero katulad ng ibang babae, pinagpalit niya ako sa iba. Pinagpalit niya ako kay Ischys. Kahit mas gwapo ako sakanya.

(Plays Hayaan Mo Sila)

So dahil nasaktan ako, nagmahal lang naman ako eh. Nagsumbong ako kay ate Artemis.

Pinuntahan niya si Coronis. And made her (Coronis) body burn on a funeral pyre, staining the white feathers of the crows permanently black.

Pinuntahan ko ang bangkay ni Coronis and did the first caesarean section to save my son. Then I gave him to the centaur Chiron to take care of him.

At dahil anak ko si Asclepius, he became the most well-known and the best doctor of his time. At sa sobrang galing niya, he made a potion that can bring back the dead to life.

Asclepius was married to Salus (or Epione) and with her fathered six daughters: Aceso, Iaso, Panacea(Healing), Aglaea, Meditrine(Medicine) and Hygieia(Cleanliness), and three sons: Machaon, Telesforos and Polidarius.

Pero hindi lahat natuwa sa anak ko.

Nagalit si Zeus sa pagsira ng balanse ni Asclepius sa mundo. At pinatay niya si Asclepius by striking him down with a thunderbolt.

AT SINONG TATAY ANG HINDI MAGAGALIT DON?!

Nagbeastmode ako agad ng nalaman ko ang ginawa ng tatay ko. Nakita ko ang mga Cyclopes na gumawa sa Bolt ni Zeus. At inisa isa ko silang itumba.

Saka lang niya narealize na importante si Asclepius sa mga tao. Zeus then placed him in the sky as the constellation Ophiuchus. The name, "serpent-bearer," refers to the Asclepius' staff, which was entwined with a single serpent.