TRIVIA AND FACTS YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT LEONARDO DA VINCI

— Ice Prince

Leonardo Da Vinci, born on April 15, 1492 at Tuscan hill town of Vinci in the lower valley of the Arno River in Florence. Illegitimate son of the wealthy Messer Piero Fruosino di Antonio da Vinci, who is a Florentine legal notary and her mother named Caterina, a peasant.

Ever wondered what is this art connoisseur's real name?

Leonardo has no surname in modern sense, "Da Vinci" simply meaning "of Vinci": his full birth name was "Lionardo di ser Pierro da Vinci" meaning,
"Leonardo(son) of (Mes) Ser Piero from Vinci" The inclusion of the title "ser" (indicated that Leonardo's father was a gentleman.

- Andrea del Verrocchio (he's a guy) Leonardo's teacher noticed his talent in painting. It was said in fact that Verrocchio completed his 1475 masterpiece, the Baptism of Christ, with the help of da Vinci, who painted the background and probably the young angel holding Jesus' robe. After seeing da Vinci's talent, popular legend has it that Verrocchio vowed to never paint again, though this is one rumor that's never been proven.

- Da Vinci was notorious for never finishing his work.It took him five years to finish Mona Lisa, and The Adoration of Magi, still as of today, unfinished.

- His famous sketch of the human anatomy, the Vitruvian Man was named after in honor of the Roman architect Vitruvius who conducted a detailed study of the human body, its proportions, and that further expressed and demonstrated in mathematical equations.

- Da Vinci likely saw himself first and foremost as an inventor. He loved inventing and engineering. The first sketch model of an aircraft could be seen on one of his notebooks.

- He once worked as a military engineer for the ruling Sforza family in Italy. He was assigned to design weapons, but he was also the sculptor, painter and even their party planner. In exchange he could paint anything he want.

- He was ambidextrous. He could write with the other hand while drawing with the other. At the same time.

- He was a painter, writer, sculptor and musician

"The greatest deception men suffer is from their own opinions" –Leonardo Da Vinci