Chapter 1: Graveyard Shift

A/N

A few things you should know:
Youngjae is in college and he works at a convenience store with Jinyoung
Jaebum takes care of his 8 year old sister Mina. He doesn't go to school, but he does work.
The rest of GOT7 may pop up randomly
Also there will be smut and this IS NOT a slow building story(I'm not a fan of those)

From his position behind the counter, Youngjae stared at the striking man across the street. He was tall with glorious broad shoulders, shiny dark hair with matching mysterious dark eyes, and he had ivory skin that looked as smooth as chocolate. The convenience store Youngjae worked at was located across the street from an apartment complex so he saw the stranger quite often. This morning he had the pleasure of seeing him take out his trash…topless. It was a well appreciated treat to his wondering eyes, that man had an amazing six pack.

But it wasn’t like Youngjae had a crush on him or anything (he didn’t even know him), he just enjoyed looking at him.

He managed to catch a glimpse of the guy almost every time he worked, that was usually the highlight of his shifts. They’d never spoken before, even when he rang him up at the register, he was too afraid to say anything.

What would they talk about anyway? He was positive that the attractive stranger was older than him, though, because he was friends with Youngjae’s manager Jinyoung, and Jinyoung was two years older than him. He was also positive that the stranger had a daughter, he’d seen him walking her to the elementary school down the street countless times. She looked just like him too, pretty little girl she was.

Youngjae wondered how old the guy was when he had her because she looked like she was at least 7. That meant he had to have been a teenager. That young? Youngjae also wondered where the little girl’s mother was. He’d never seen a woman come from his apartment. Maybe she left him? Or maybe she died?

He watched the stranger retreat back into the apartment complex, and so ended his G-rated peep show. Youngjae was a tad disappointed, it was his first time seeing the stranger half-naked and it ended way too prematurely in his opinion; but then again, he felt like he could stare at him all day. He probably would if given the chance.

“You know you’re not being as discreet as you think you are, Youngjae-ah,” he heard someone say. Youngjae turned to see Jinyoung approaching him, “Jinyoung-hyung,” he quickly said and attempted to make it look like he was doing some kind of work by aligning candy jars on the counter. “At ease Youngjae, I didn’t come to nag,” Jinyoung assured through an eye-smile. Youngjae let out a small sigh of relief and then addressed the elder’s previous statement, “Was I staring that hard?” he asked, now he felt guilty.

“Like a lovesick kitten,” Jinyoung conceded as he made his way behind the counter, “You know I can introduce you guys. That way you won’t have to continue to gaze so longingly from afar.” Youngjae found that he liked the way his manager spoke, Jinyoung was a literature major in school so a lot of the things he said sounded as if they were being read from a book.

He smiled at his manager, “No thanks, I think I’d be too nervous to say anything intelligent to him,” he declined shaking his head, “Besides it’s not like I have a crush on him, I just like looking at him.” Youngjae was saying that more to himself than to Jinyoung, like he was reassuring himself that having a crush on that gorgeous guy was a bad idea. Jinyoung shrugged, “OK, but he’s a really great guy,” he told the younger nonchalantly, “and he’s single.”