Chapter 13: Bully Park Jinyoung Day

“Oh crap, I think I forgot my wallet in that last shop we went in,” Jaebum informed his boyfriend and little sister as he felt around in his pockets for the missing black leather money folder. They were spending the day in the shopping district buying random items for random occasions. “I have to go back and get it, so how about I catch up with you two at that ice cream bar down the street?” JB suggested as he handed off the 3 shopping bags in his hands to his boyfriend.

Youngjae nodded and couldn’t help but throw in a wisecrack, “You are way too old to be leaving your wallet behind, you’re supposed to be the responsible one.” Jaebum rolled his eyes and playfully shoved his boyfriend away, “Just go,” he ordered through a small smile before he headed in the opposite direction. Youngjae held out a couple of small shopping bags to Mina, “Well here, make yourself useful,” he told the little girl.

She pouted cutely up at him, she resembled her big brother so much when she did that; those Im genes were strong. “But oppa, I have a cut on my little finger. See?” she whined holding up her Hello Kitty bandaged pinky. Youngjae laughed and stooped down before her, “Aww, poor baby,” he cooed kissing her injured extremity, “use your other hand.”

She brushed her bangs out of her face, mimicked her brother’s eye roll, and begrudgingly accepted the bags, “Fine, but I want a big bowl ice cream with lots of toppings,” she bargained as they headed toward the ice cream shop. “How about we share a sundae deluxe? And I’ll pay for the extra toppings,” the elder haggled back. Mina extended her small hand out to the elder, “Deal,” she agreed with a happy smile. “Deal,” Youngjae confirmed while shaking her hand firmly.

They were standing in line waiting for their sundae when Youngjae heard Mina speak up, “Oppa,” she said tugging on his sleeve, “Isn’t that Jinyoung-oppa?” Youngjae looked in the area she was indicating and, sure enough, there was Jinyoung sitting all cozy and tucked away in a corner booth with his new main squeeze, Mark. They were sitting so close that Jinyoung was basically breathing in the air Mark was breathing out.

“Who’s that guy he’s with?” she curiously asked looking up at Youngjae. He looked down at her, “That’s his new boyfriend, Mark Tuan,” he informed her. “Can I meet him?” she asked him hopefully, “He looks nice.” Youngjae smiled and nodded; he was actually very curious about how his hyung interacted with his new American boyfriend so he was going to take full advantage of Mina’s friendly nature.

“Sure you can meet him,” Youngjae agreed as he accepted their ice cream sundae deluxe from the smiling waitress, “But we can’t just barge in on their date, it’s rude.” “So how do I get to meet him?” she asked following him to the toppings bar. “I just need you to do a little acting,” he told her. He gave her the sundae and let her have at the multitude of toppings just within her reach, clearly this place was built for people exactly her height. Mina nodded and dumped a spoonful of gummy bears on the sundae followed by a bunch of rainbow sprinkles, her favorite.

“No problem Youngjae-oppa, what do you want me to do?” she asked, already on board with whatever her oppa had in mind. Youngjae took the shopping bags from her as well as the sundae, “Nothing extreme Mina, just run over there and pretend you slipped away to say hi. That’ll give me an excuse to go over there and then Jinyoung-hyung will invite us to join him,” he explained to her.