Chapter 10: Protectors

A/N

FLUFF ALL AROUND! MAKE YOUR DENTIST APPOINTMENT NOW!

Jaebum hugged Youngjae’s back closer to his chest, “Are you comfortable?” he softly asked his boyfriend. Youngjae nodded as he folded his arm beneath his head, “Thanks for letting me stay over again,” he said tucking his top arm beneath his pillow. Jaebum kissed Youngjae behind his ear, “My bed is always open to you, Youngjae-ah,” he slyly said resting his chin on his boyfriend’s shoulder.

After a few minutes of silence, when Youngjae was falling deep into a nice non-REM cycle, he felt himself being shaken awake. “You’re not going to sleep now, are you?” he heard JB ask. Youngjae looked at his boyfriend over his shoulder, “Well yea,” he said with a slight nod, “I thought we both were.”

Jaebum shoved his hand beneath his boyfriend’s t-shirt, “I think I need a nightcap to help me sleep better,” he said running his fingers over Youngjae’s bellybutton. Youngjae rolled away from his boyfriend with a laugh, “Why didn’t you say that before we got all snuggly and comfortable?” he asked sitting up to pull his t-shirt back down. JB propped his head up in his hand and grinned at the younger, “I felt like holding you for a few minutes,” he laughed out, “Is that a crime?”

Youngjae opened his mouth, ready to give a snappy response, when Mina poked her head into the room. “Jaebum-oppa, I had a bad dream,” she said tearfully. JB was by her side in seconds, “Are you OK?” he asked her softly. She shook her head and hugged him tightly, “How about you sleep with oppa tonight?” he suggested as he soothingly ran his fingers through her silky dark hair, he always did that to calm her down.

She sniffled and nodded, “OK,” she mumbled rubbing her eyes with the sleeves of her oversized t-shirt. He unhooked his little monster from his waist, grabbed her hand, and led her to his bed. She crawled in the middle of the bed just as Youngjae slipped out, “I’ll go sleep on the couch so you two can have the bed,” he offered with a supportive smile. “Wait,” the Im siblings called out simultaneously, effectively stopping Youngjae.

Mina knee-walked over to Youngjae’s side of the mat and grabbed his hand with both of her small ones, “You can’t leave, Youngjae-oppa, I need both of my oppas here to protect me,” she said pulling him back towards the bed. “Protect you from what?” Jaebum asked as Youngjae silently got back into the bed. Mina made herself comfortable between the two adults, her head resting on a half of each of their pillows. “The man that took mom and dad away,” she softly answered as she tugged the thick black comforter up to her chin.

JB kissed his sister’s forehead, “You know he can’t hurt you right?” he asked her. Youngjae remained silent, 4 months and 17 days, and he was still kept in the dark about what happened to his boyfriend’s parents. He felt like he was walking around with a flashlight, the beam shining on the bits and pieces he gathered from conversations between the siblings; he just wished he could find out the whole story. He was tired of using that damn flashlight.

Youngjae was extremely curious about the sibling’s tragic past, but he knew it was a sensitive subject for them, so he would wait for the time when Jaebum was ready to tell him (no matter how much it irked him to be patient).

“I know oppa, but I still have scary dreams about him,” he heard Mina say as he lightly wrapped his arm around her to offer some sort of console. “Just know that as long as you have your oppa, nothing bad will happen to you,” Jaebum told his sister scooting closer to her. “You promise?” she asked him with wide hopeful eyes.

Jaebum squeezed Mina’s round cheeks with his hand, giving her duck lips, “I promise, Im Mina,” he said forcibly moving her head side-to-side with a grin. She shook her brother off with knitted brows and looked over at Youngjae, “You have to say you promise too, Youngjae-oppa. If you speak it into existance, the you have to keep the promise,” she expertly informed him. Youngjae laughed and pressed their foreheads together, “I promise, too,” he said.